Jamaica’s National Fruit – Ackee
The ackee is not indigenous to Jamaica but has remarkable historic associations.
It was originally brought to the island from West Africa, probably via a slave ship.
It currently grows abundantly and produces massive quantities of edible fruit each year.
It is a part of Jamaica’s national dish Ackee & Salt fish.
Email: [email protected]
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica’s National Fruit – Ackee - October 11, 2018
- Bast Symphony - July 27, 2014
- Key Between Dreams and Fantasy - May 30, 2014
- A Woman’s Love - May 7, 2014
- Fantasy Fishes - April 21, 2014
- Ascending - April 8, 2014
- Playing with Love - March 12, 2014
- Jazz & Blues - March 7, 2014
- Lady under the Silver Moon - February 28, 2014