Bolt Gets IAAF President’s Award
Jamaica’s eight-time Olympic gold medallist Usain Bolt has received the IAAF President’s Award.
He received the coveted award at the IAAF awards in Monaco on Friday.
The President’s Award recognises and honours great service to athletics.
Heptathlete Nafissatou Thiam of Belgium and high jumper Mutaz Essa Barshim of Qatar were named the IAAF’s world athletes of the year. Both athletes won world titles in London earlier this year.
Bolt is regarded by many as the saviour of track. He single-handedly breathed new life into athletics with his feats on the track and his jovial, care free personality have seen him earn a place in the hearts of millions across the globe.
Bolt retired after taking bronze at the World Championships in London earlier this year.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- States Of Emergency Set To End - December 13, 2018
- Wonderful Home FOR SALE At Unbelievable Price In Highgate! - December 10, 2018
- US-Born Citizen Nearly Deported To Jamaica - December 7, 2018
- First Solo Art Exhibition For Maia Chung At Reggae Mill - December 4, 2018
- Dalton Harris Wins The X Factor - December 2, 2018
- Reggae Music Added To Global Cultural Heritage List - December 1, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Advances To X Factor Finals - November 26, 2018
- NRSC Commends Government On Passing Of Road Traffic Act 2018 - November 23, 2018
- Jamaica Defeats USA To Qualify For Rugby League World Cup - November 21, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Delivers Incredible Rendition Of Beyonce’s ‘Listen’ On X Factor UK - November 18, 2018