Bolt Gets IAAF President’s Award
Jamaica’s eight-time Olympic gold medallist Usain Bolt has received the IAAF President’s Award.
He received the coveted award at the IAAF awards in Monaco on Friday.
The President’s Award recognises and honours great service to athletics.
Heptathlete Nafissatou Thiam of Belgium and high jumper Mutaz Essa Barshim of Qatar were named the IAAF’s world athletes of the year. Both athletes won world titles in London earlier this year.
Bolt is regarded by many as the saviour of track. He single-handedly breathed new life into athletics with his feats on the track and his jovial, care free personality have seen him earn a place in the hearts of millions across the globe.
Bolt retired after taking bronze at the World Championships in London earlier this year.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- D&G Foundation Pumps 4.2 Million Into HEART Trust NTA Youth Development Programme - December 13, 2017
- Dancehall Artiste Mineral Boss Shot Dead In Caymanas Bay - December 13, 2017
- A New T20 Record! The ‘Universe Boss’ Smashes 146 Off 69 Balls (18 Sixes) - December 12, 2017
- Jamaica’s Edmund Bartlett Named Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year - December 12, 2017
- Three Die After Gunmen Callously Attack Mourners At Funeral In Kingston - December 11, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes - December 11, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Delivers Two Assists In Leverkusen Win - December 10, 2017
- Jamaicans Driving Support Against Paediatric Cancer - December 9, 2017
- Missing US National Found - December 8, 2017
- Police Seek Public’s Help To Find Missing US National - December 7, 2017