Bolt Gets IAAF President’s Award
Jamaica’s eight-time Olympic gold medallist Usain Bolt has received the IAAF President’s Award.
He received the coveted award at the IAAF awards in Monaco on Friday.
The President’s Award recognises and honours great service to athletics.
Heptathlete Nafissatou Thiam of Belgium and high jumper Mutaz Essa Barshim of Qatar were named the IAAF’s world athletes of the year. Both athletes won world titles in London earlier this year.
Bolt is regarded by many as the saviour of track. He single-handedly breathed new life into athletics with his feats on the track and his jovial, care free personality have seen him earn a place in the hearts of millions across the globe.
Bolt retired after taking bronze at the World Championships in London earlier this year.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Toddler Goes Missing In Westmoreland - February 25, 2018
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018