Jamaican Dollar Revalues Against US Greenback
On September 15, 2017 – the Jamaican dollar traded at an all time low against the US greenback – 131.15 JMD to 1 USD.
But since then the dollar has recovered a fair amount of its value.
According to the trading summary from the Bank of Jamaica (BOJ), the Jamaican dollar revalued by 17 cents against the US dollar on Thursday.
The local currency ended the trading day at $128.41 against the US dollar.
The British Pound Sterling closed at $169.33 from $168.53, while the Canadian dollar closed at $103.36 from $103.43.
Related Post: How the Jamaican Dollar Has Devalued Over Time
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Weather – More Rain On The Horizon For Jamaica - November 24, 2017
- Andre Blake, Kemar Lawrence, Theodore Whitmore Shortlisted For CONCACAF Awards - November 23, 2017
- Starbucks Opens First Store In Jamaica - November 21, 2017
- BREAKING: Ninja Man, Co-accused Found Guilty Of Murder - November 20, 2017
- Woman, Daughter Killed In St James - November 20, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Fifth Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - November 20, 2017
- Atkinson Maintains Unbeaten Streak In 50m Breaststroke As FINA Swimming Short Course World Cup Concludes - November 19, 2017
- Jamaica’s Solange Sinclair Makes Miss World Top 10 - November 18, 2017
- The Impact of Reggae on Worldwide Culture - November 17, 2017
- American Man Detained After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Minor At Resort In Jamaica - November 16, 2017