Jamaican Dollar Revalues Against US Greenback
On September 15, 2017 – the Jamaican dollar traded at an all time low against the US greenback – 131.15 JMD to 1 USD.
But since then the dollar has recovered a fair amount of its value.
According to the trading summary from the Bank of Jamaica (BOJ), the Jamaican dollar revalued by 17 cents against the US dollar on Thursday.
The local currency ended the trading day at $128.41 against the US dollar.
The British Pound Sterling closed at $169.33 from $168.53, while the Canadian dollar closed at $103.36 from $103.43.
Related Post: How the Jamaican Dollar Has Devalued Over Time
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018
- Victim In Florida Mass Shooting Reportedly Has Jamaican Roots (Updated) - February 16, 2018