Over 60 Students in St. Ann Taken to Hospital After Consuming Drug Infused Sweets!

A shocking incident unfolded in St Ann on Monday when over 60 students of the Ocho Rios Primary School were rushed to the St. Ann’s Bay Hospital after reportedly consuming ganja-laced sweets.

Among them, three students remain in serious condition.

Principal Suzette Barnes-Wilson informed reporters that the students had all purchased the tainted sweets from an unidentified vendor unaffiliated with the school.

Of the 60 students, 30 have been treated and released, while the condition of the remaining students is being closely monitored.


The alarming incident has left the community and parents deeply concerned. Some students experienced symptoms such as vomiting, dizziness, and fainting after consuming the candies.

One guardian, expressing their concern, questioned the school’s practice of allowing vendors to sell their products near the school’s gate. 

Another parent, who wishes to see justice served, hopes that the vendor responsible for distributing the contaminated candy will be apprehended and face the consequences of their actions.

The parent shared that their daughter had acquired the candy from a friend.

Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments