Mother of high school boy allegedly assaulted by teacher seeks justice!

Pansy Lawrence, the mother of a 17 year old St Andrew College student who was allegedly filmed being assaulted by a teacher on a recent viral video is hoping that there will be strong repercussions for the teacher’s actions.

The mother of the boy –  Ramon Virgo informed The Jamaican Blogs™ that she went to the school along with a friend and was told that her son got up and disrupted the class by going to another student to retrieve his pen.

She told us that she was aware that her son was reprimanded but was unaware of any physical abuse.

“My son knows that I will not tolerate any form of disrespect of a teacher so he kept quiet, and I did beat down on him” said the mother.
She also said she was aware there was a video of the incident but the students were instructed to delete it.

Following her discovery of the video, she visited CISOCA (Centre for Investigation of Sexual Offences and Child Abuse) where she was told that they had seen the video but she needed to find the phone that did the original recording before anything can be done on the matter.

Miss Lawrence wants the teacher to be relieved of his duties for his action taken against her son and also intends to press charges.

Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.

Myss Irriplaceable

Their are other ways to discipline a child…. this is ridiculous look at how the teacher approach the child..smh God knows whats best

Simone Knight

Wow it breaks my heart to see a “teacher” treats any child like this omg… the school needs to do something abt this… he could have seriously hurt that child.

Rudolph McKenzie

This is wrong on so many fronts…Surely this teachers must know that he can’t/should not be doing that to the student. Those with power are supposed to use it wisely…..that was straight up abuse…..WRONG SIR!!!!

Devon Honeywell

This is unacceptable the teacher should be put on administrative leave until further investigation into the matter. The student should also be put on suspension until the school concludes it’s investigation.

Deborah Mangum

And you wonder why kid are so rude look at the teacher he have no control of himself

Janice Hinds

There are other mean to discipline the child, if he disrespected you to the principal office plain and simple

Neisha Jacobs

I could understand if the child was fighting back, which i did not see in this video. Now it only leaves me to wonder if the Education system is not equipping our teachers to handle this type of situation, because clearly, the student must have said something to irate the teacher. Now, what is going to happen to this teacher? The MOE needs to intervene. I want to know where is Lisa Hanna, who a few months ago wanted to abolish beating in the homes, and you cannot control what is happening to the youths and youngsters in the classroom.… Read more »

Sher Kooty Elliott

This had me speechless for a while. Is this what or youths are really exposed to in schools? Surely, there are other ways to handle this situation, and in a decent manner. The scenes are horrendous to even match knowing that this child could have been seriously hurt or even worse. Sure, teachers endure a lot, however this is no excuse. The MOE really needs to intervene.

Desley Gardner

Something must be done. I understand children can get out of hand but this is no way to discipline a student. This student could have been seriously injured .

Everald Pryce

Just watching that make me want to cry what kind of teacher is that im fe dead cho

Shantal Blair-Gooden

I don’t need no phone,that was obvious and blatant abuse and there are eye witnesses,this teacher should be ashamed

Dickie Bailey

a shold a mi

Cyndy Pasea

Please protect that students, I dont care what the teacher or student did, and just that is not right thing to be treating like that at all. The teacher have a better way how to discipline the student instead of being abuse to the student. I mean look at that student is only a little boy and the best way is to talking to him or punish him in another way instead of this one. My heart break when I see this and am sure the student’s parents would be such in pain to see this for sure and the… Read more »

Vanessa Matthias

if this was my child i would go to theextent to get that man some serious punishment and u can bet he wouldnt do that to his child

Kamila Obrien

That is madness this is abuse not disipline

Sub-Kid Dennis

piece of shit

Nicole Telfer

This is a damn disgrace and that teacher should be fired, charged with assault, and never be allowed to work with or around children ever again. Not only is he abusing that child but he is also, as a role model, teaching those children that violence is the way to handle situations. If that were my child he would regret his actions deeply for the rest of his life when I get through with him. Loser.

Ann Marie Smith

OMG what is going on in with this teacher and student come on teacher there are ways to discipline a this child man the teacher is behaving as if hes in boxing ring,you see if it w
as my child lord knows what a do.

Lamar Breezy

The boy never hit him back

Howard Myrie

Respect is not something one ask for, a teacher presence should demand respect without he/she ssying a word. Clearly this Teacher need to go back to the drawing board because he is not ready. He was using force to scare the kid but it wasn’t working. This seem to be a “play wid puppy, puppy lick yuh nose”. The damage was already done so getting the student to obey at that point, was going to work.

Howard Myrie

Scott Brown

this is ridiculous

Susan Campbell

Let me start off by saying that i am a Jamaican and i do not agree with the beating of a child as any form discipline; to me it is not only abuse, it is ignorant slavery behaviour of beating a person into submission (The yes Master mentality). Look at most of the developed countries around the world that have colonized these third world countries. They don’t beat their children, period.As a matter of fact, it is against the law for most. Changing one’s status (from colonization to independence) does not change their mentality (slavery mentality). Now to this video.… Read more »

Elizabeth Terry

This is very sad…I can’t imagine how his mother must feel. The teacher’s behavior is definitely inappropriate. There are other ways to discipline a child.

Troy Fullerton

what abused?? this child has no discipline at the home, disrupting the teacher class. I admit that the teacher should not have grabbed the youngster in that manner but these kids have no manners.
Abandoning corporal punishment has given rise to these kinds of conflict in school.

AdiLaw DI Link Byfield

Mr Teacher man 2 wrong cya mek right but surely you would have a upset daddy to deal with if that was my child an best believe it im not coming to TALK wit yuh……

Jacqueline Young Chin Choy

I’m sorry if I was that child I would fight back….I dont care about the consequences….

Laura Dewar

How can we create a peaceful world if the”so called teachers” have no skills in problem solving without using violence

Sharnette Coley

Seriously get the police and if they won’t do nothing pay some man fi bus him scunt

Sharnette Coley

Nat StinShae

This is definitely excessive and unnecessary force on the part of the teacher, even though the child is obviously unruly and undisciplined. I believe the teacher should not be allowed to work with children because he lacks the restraint necessary to deal with children. The child should also be, at least, reprimanded formally, because he was not completely innocent in this encounter. What was most appalling was the expletives and other undisciplined behavior from the other students that were within the classroom. Obviously this is a school with problematic children that my require specially trained “peacekeepers” to foster any type… Read more »

Dennis Watson

Mr. Devon Honeywell: what kind of administrative leave u talking bout isn’t it obvious in the video that teacher should be dismiss instantly

Dennis Watson

breathe easy Mr. Everald Pryce: no life was taken so y pree so far just go easy

Deborah Mangum

Susan Campbell

Neisha Jacobs

Desley Gardner

Howard Myrie

Rudolph McKenzie

Myss Irriplaceable

Troy Fullerton

Elizabeth Terry

Nicole Telfer

Cyndy Pasea

Ann Marie Smith

as my child lord knows what a do.

Sher Kooty Elliott