Gasoline Retailers Express Concern As Fuel Prices Rise
Gasoline retailers have publicly expressed concern regarding rising oil prices and the potential negative impact a continued surge in the cost of fuel could have on the Jamaican economy.
Oil prices are now above US$70 per barrel and analysts are predicting an increase to $US87+ per barrel by late June.
President of the Jamaica Gasoline Retailers Association (JGRA) – Philip Chong is quoted by RJR as saying: “It cannot auger well for our industry, our commercial activities here.
“It will hamper our growth projections for the country and of course, high sale price will start a domino effect in increasing prices and that at this time when we are looking at a recovering economy cannot auger well for us”.
“As usual, sales are not affected as we just buy as we need. So the trend continues but it will be an increase in capital expenses from the dealers which will go on probably higher interest rates to us and added additional costs, something we can really do without at this time”.
Related Post: Gov’t Considers Increasing Ethanol Percentage In Petrol
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Elderly Couple Killed In Gruesome Fashion In Portland - June 23, 2018
- Bolt Gets Shooting Advice From Arsenal Legend Robert Pirès - June 22, 2018
- Jamaican Film”Sprinter” Wins Big At American Black Film Festival - June 21, 2018
- Curfew For Sections of Annotto Bay, St Mary – JCF - June 20, 2018
- Rising US Rapper With Jamaican Roots Killed In Florida - June 19, 2018
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018