Earthquake Rattles Several Parishes
On Saturday afternoon Jamaicans in several parishes reported feeling the effects of an earthquake.
The magnitude 4.0 earthquake reportedly struck in the eastern section of the island.
Persons flocked to various social media platforms to report that they felt rattling.
Even the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) chimed in to ask the question: “Did you feel the earthquake in Kingston?”
The JCF also shared an image summarizing the recommendaed actions to take in the event of an earthquake.
Did you just feel the earthquake? Please reinforce earthquake safety measures in your homes, schools and offices.
Mona, Professor Simon Mitchell reportedly said the epicentre of the tremor was recorded 10 kilometres south of St Margaret’s Bay in Portland.
According to The Gleaner, Professor Mitchell’s findings indicate that it occurred at approximately 1:55pm. It had a depth of 8.7 and was reportedly felt as a far as May Pen in Clarendon.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- US-Born Citizen Nearly Deported To Jamaica - December 7, 2018
- First Solo Art Exhibition For Maia Chung At Reggae Mill - December 4, 2018
- Dalton Harris Wins The X Factor - December 2, 2018
- Reggae Music Added To Global Cultural Heritage List - December 1, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Advances To X Factor Finals - November 26, 2018
- NRSC Commends Government On Passing Of Road Traffic Act 2018 - November 23, 2018
- Jamaica Defeats USA To Qualify For Rugby League World Cup - November 21, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Delivers Incredible Rendition Of Beyonce’s ‘Listen’ On X Factor UK - November 18, 2018
- Stunning Furnished Home For RENT In Stonebrook Estate - November 12, 2018
- Jamaican Author Dwight Thompson Delivers Hard-Hitting Coming-Of-Age Tale With Debut Novel - November 11, 2018