Earthquake Rattles Several Parishes
On Saturday afternoon Jamaicans in several parishes reported feeling the effects of an earthquake.
The magnitude 4.0 earthquake reportedly struck in the eastern section of the island.
Persons flocked to various social media platforms to report that they felt rattling.
Even the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) chimed in to ask the question: “Did you feel the earthquake in Kingston?”
The JCF also shared an image summarizing the recommendaed actions to take in the event of an earthquake.
Did you just feel the earthquake? Please reinforce earthquake safety measures in your homes, schools and offices.
Mona, Professor Simon Mitchell reportedly said the epicentre of the tremor was recorded 10 kilometres south of St Margaret’s Bay in Portland.
According to The Gleaner, Professor Mitchell’s findings indicate that it occurred at approximately 1:55pm. It had a depth of 8.7 and was reportedly felt as a far as May Pen in Clarendon.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Usain Bolt Scores Superb Header In Borussia Dortmund Kit! - March 21, 2018
- Former England Youth Star Appears Eager To Join Reggae Boyz - March 21, 2018
- Getting De-Inked: Why Jamaicans Are Rethinking Their Tattoos - March 20, 2018
- Jay Z, Beyonce Visit Jamaica - March 20, 2018
- State Of Public Emergency Declared In St. Catherine North Police Division - March 19, 2018
- Plans In Place To Make Port Royal Jamaica’s Next Big Cruise Destination - March 18, 2018
- Jamaican Among Six Killed In Bridge Collapse At Florida University - March 17, 2018
- Police Seize Over 1000 Rounds Of Assorted Ammunition In Cemetery – JCF - March 16, 2018
- Lisa Hanna – “Trump’s Tariffs Could Hurt Jamaica Badly!” - March 15, 2018
- 20 Million Streams On Spotify For Devin Di Dakta - March 15, 2018