Earthquake Rattles Several Parishes
On Saturday afternoon Jamaicans in several parishes reported feeling the effects of an earthquake.
The magnitude 4.0 earthquake reportedly struck in the eastern section of the island.
Persons flocked to various social media platforms to report that they felt rattling.
Even the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) chimed in to ask the question: “Did you feel the earthquake in Kingston?”
The JCF also shared an image summarizing the recommendaed actions to take in the event of an earthquake.
Did you just feel the earthquake? Please reinforce earthquake safety measures in your homes, schools and offices.
Mona, Professor Simon Mitchell reportedly said the epicentre of the tremor was recorded 10 kilometres south of St Margaret’s Bay in Portland.
According to The Gleaner, Professor Mitchell’s findings indicate that it occurred at approximately 1:55pm. It had a depth of 8.7 and was reportedly felt as a far as May Pen in Clarendon.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 3: Anthony B - March 22, 2019
- Jamaican Players In the MLS - March 18, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019