Earthquake Rattles Several Parishes
On Saturday afternoon Jamaicans in several parishes reported feeling the effects of an earthquake.
The magnitude 4.0 earthquake reportedly struck in the eastern section of the island.
Persons flocked to various social media platforms to report that they felt rattling.
Even the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) chimed in to ask the question: “Did you feel the earthquake in Kingston?”
The JCF also shared an image summarizing the recommendaed actions to take in the event of an earthquake.
Did you just feel the earthquake? Please reinforce earthquake safety measures in your homes, schools and offices.
Mona, Professor Simon Mitchell reportedly said the epicentre of the tremor was recorded 10 kilometres south of St Margaret’s Bay in Portland.
According to The Gleaner, Professor Mitchell’s findings indicate that it occurred at approximately 1:55pm. It had a depth of 8.7 and was reportedly felt as a far as May Pen in Clarendon.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018
- How Technology Has Made The World Smaller By Creating Remote Working Environments - September 4, 2018
- “Oh What A Finish!” Leon Bailey Scores Cracker For Leverkusen - September 3, 2018
- Elderly Jamaican Man Arrested In Florida After Setting Fire To Raccoon Which Ate His Mangoes - August 30, 2018
- Chas. E. Ramson Limited. Cushions Infant Care Costs With ‘Kiss Baby’ Diaper Donations - August 26, 2018
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018