Earthquake Rattles Several Parishes
On Saturday afternoon Jamaicans in several parishes reported feeling the effects of an earthquake.
The magnitude 4.0 earthquake reportedly struck in the eastern section of the island.
Persons flocked to various social media platforms to report that they felt rattling.
Even the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) chimed in to ask the question: “Did you feel the earthquake in Kingston?”
The JCF also shared an image summarizing the recommendaed actions to take in the event of an earthquake.
Did you just feel the earthquake? Please reinforce earthquake safety measures in your homes, schools and offices.
Mona, Professor Simon Mitchell reportedly said the epicentre of the tremor was recorded 10 kilometres south of St Margaret’s Bay in Portland.
According to The Gleaner, Professor Mitchell’s findings indicate that it occurred at approximately 1:55pm. It had a depth of 8.7 and was reportedly felt as a far as May Pen in Clarendon.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Elderly Couple Killed In Gruesome Fashion In Portland - June 23, 2018
- Bolt Gets Shooting Advice From Arsenal Legend Robert Pirès - June 22, 2018
- Jamaican Film”Sprinter” Wins Big At American Black Film Festival - June 21, 2018
- Curfew For Sections of Annotto Bay, St Mary – JCF - June 20, 2018
- Rising US Rapper With Jamaican Roots Killed In Florida - June 19, 2018
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018