Golden Krust CEO Dies In Suspected Suicide
Jamaican-born Lowell Hawthorne, CEO of the popular Jamaican restaurant Golden Krust Caribbean Bakery & Grill is dead.
Media outlets in the United States report that Hawthorne, 57 committed suicide inside a factory on Saturday (December 2).
According to the New York Daily News, sources say Hawthorne shot himself inside the Park Ave. building near E. 173rd St. in Claremont about 5:30 p.m.
A former employee of Hawthorne is also quoted by the New York Daily News as saying “He was a good boss, humble and a good businessman.”
“He never seemed sad. This is just terrible news right now.”
Golden Krust was founded in 1989 as the vision of Jamaican immigrants Lowell Hawthorne and his 10 siblings and extended family.
As one of the fastest growing franchises in the U.S., there are now over 120 franchise restaurants in nine US states, serving traditional Jamaican cuisine that has come to delight consumers of all backgrounds.
Last year Hawthorne was featured on CBS’ Undercover Boss – a popular television franchise series that features the experiences of senior executives working undercover in their own companies to investigate how their firms really work and to identify how they can be improved, as well as to reward hard-working employees.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica Represented In IDB Development Work - May 26, 2018
- Reggae Boyz Fall Out Of Top 50 In Latest FIFA Rankings - May 26, 2018
- Sean Paul Announces Death Of His Father - May 25, 2018
- Ananda Alert Issued For Missing St Ann Teen - May 24, 2018
- Street Team Win ‘Clash 13’ Of Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Competition - May 23, 2018
- Ignite IGL Foundation Brings Cheer To Riverton Meadows Early Childhood Centre - May 22, 2018
- Gasoline Retailers Express Concern As Fuel Prices Rise - May 22, 2018
- Security Forces Seize Masks, Firearms In Westmoreland - May 21, 2018
- Gov’t Considers Increasing Ethanol Percentage In Petrol - May 20, 2018
- Bayern Munich Reportedly Make €60 Million Offer For Jamaican Winger Leon Bailey - May 19, 2018