Golden Krust CEO Dies In Suspected Suicide
Jamaican-born Lowell Hawthorne, CEO of the popular Jamaican restaurant Golden Krust Caribbean Bakery & Grill is dead.
Media outlets in the United States report that Hawthorne, 57 committed suicide inside a factory on Saturday (December 2).
According to the New York Daily News, sources say Hawthorne shot himself inside the Park Ave. building near E. 173rd St. in Claremont about 5:30 p.m.
A former employee of Hawthorne is also quoted by the New York Daily News as saying “He was a good boss, humble and a good businessman.”
“He never seemed sad. This is just terrible news right now.”
Golden Krust was founded in 1989 as the vision of Jamaican immigrants Lowell Hawthorne and his 10 siblings and extended family.
As one of the fastest growing franchises in the U.S., there are now over 120 franchise restaurants in nine US states, serving traditional Jamaican cuisine that has come to delight consumers of all backgrounds.
Last year Hawthorne was featured on CBS’ Undercover Boss – a popular television franchise series that features the experiences of senior executives working undercover in their own companies to investigate how their firms really work and to identify how they can be improved, as well as to reward hard-working employees.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- D&G Foundation Pumps 4.2 Million Into HEART Trust NTA Youth Development Programme - December 13, 2017
- Dancehall Artiste Mineral Boss Shot Dead In Caymanas Bay - December 13, 2017
- A New T20 Record! The ‘Universe Boss’ Smashes 146 Off 69 Balls (18 Sixes) - December 12, 2017
- Jamaica’s Edmund Bartlett Named Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year - December 12, 2017
- Three Die After Gunmen Callously Attack Mourners At Funeral In Kingston - December 11, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes - December 11, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Delivers Two Assists In Leverkusen Win - December 10, 2017
- Jamaicans Driving Support Against Paediatric Cancer - December 9, 2017
- Missing US National Found - December 8, 2017
- Police Seek Public’s Help To Find Missing US National - December 7, 2017