Golden Krust CEO Dies In Suspected Suicide
Jamaican-born Lowell Hawthorne, CEO of the popular Jamaican restaurant Golden Krust Caribbean Bakery & Grill is dead.
Media outlets in the United States report that Hawthorne, 57 committed suicide inside a factory on Saturday (December 2).
According to the New York Daily News, sources say Hawthorne shot himself inside the Park Ave. building near E. 173rd St. in Claremont about 5:30 p.m.
A former employee of Hawthorne is also quoted by the New York Daily News as saying “He was a good boss, humble and a good businessman.”
“He never seemed sad. This is just terrible news right now.”
Golden Krust was founded in 1989 as the vision of Jamaican immigrants Lowell Hawthorne and his 10 siblings and extended family.
As one of the fastest growing franchises in the U.S., there are now over 120 franchise restaurants in nine US states, serving traditional Jamaican cuisine that has come to delight consumers of all backgrounds.
Last year Hawthorne was featured on CBS’ Undercover Boss – a popular television franchise series that features the experiences of senior executives working undercover in their own companies to investigate how their firms really work and to identify how they can be improved, as well as to reward hard-working employees.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Usain Bolt Scores Superb Header In Borussia Dortmund Kit! - March 21, 2018
- Former England Youth Star Appears Eager To Join Reggae Boyz - March 21, 2018
- Getting De-Inked: Why Jamaicans Are Rethinking Their Tattoos - March 20, 2018
- Jay Z, Beyonce Visit Jamaica - March 20, 2018
- State Of Public Emergency Declared In St. Catherine North Police Division - March 19, 2018
- Plans In Place To Make Port Royal Jamaica’s Next Big Cruise Destination - March 18, 2018
- Jamaican Among Six Killed In Bridge Collapse At Florida University - March 17, 2018
- Police Seize Over 1000 Rounds Of Assorted Ammunition In Cemetery – JCF - March 16, 2018
- Lisa Hanna – “Trump’s Tariffs Could Hurt Jamaica Badly!” - March 15, 2018
- 20 Million Streams On Spotify For Devin Di Dakta - March 15, 2018