Golden Krust CEO Dies In Suspected Suicide
Jamaican-born Lowell Hawthorne, CEO of the popular Jamaican restaurant Golden Krust Caribbean Bakery & Grill is dead.
Media outlets in the United States report that Hawthorne, 57 committed suicide inside a factory on Saturday (December 2).
According to the New York Daily News, sources say Hawthorne shot himself inside the Park Ave. building near E. 173rd St. in Claremont about 5:30 p.m.
A former employee of Hawthorne is also quoted by the New York Daily News as saying “He was a good boss, humble and a good businessman.”
“He never seemed sad. This is just terrible news right now.”
Golden Krust was founded in 1989 as the vision of Jamaican immigrants Lowell Hawthorne and his 10 siblings and extended family.
As one of the fastest growing franchises in the U.S., there are now over 120 franchise restaurants in nine US states, serving traditional Jamaican cuisine that has come to delight consumers of all backgrounds.
Last year Hawthorne was featured on CBS’ Undercover Boss – a popular television franchise series that features the experiences of senior executives working undercover in their own companies to investigate how their firms really work and to identify how they can be improved, as well as to reward hard-working employees.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Historic! Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Qualify For The 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup - October 18, 2018
- Reggae Boy Luton Shelton Afflicted With ALS Disease - October 13, 2018
- Alia Atkinson Scares World Record - October 6, 2018
- Jamaica, Russia Sign Reciprocal Visa Waiver Agreement - October 2, 2018
- Buju’s Post Prison Tour In The Works - September 26, 2018
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018