Golden Krust CEO Dies In Suspected Suicide
Jamaican-born Lowell Hawthorne, CEO of the popular Jamaican restaurant Golden Krust Caribbean Bakery & Grill is dead.
Media outlets in the United States report that Hawthorne, 57 committed suicide inside a factory on Saturday (December 2).
According to the New York Daily News, sources say Hawthorne shot himself inside the Park Ave. building near E. 173rd St. in Claremont about 5:30 p.m.
A former employee of Hawthorne is also quoted by the New York Daily News as saying “He was a good boss, humble and a good businessman.”
“He never seemed sad. This is just terrible news right now.”
Golden Krust was founded in 1989 as the vision of Jamaican immigrants Lowell Hawthorne and his 10 siblings and extended family.
As one of the fastest growing franchises in the U.S., there are now over 120 franchise restaurants in nine US states, serving traditional Jamaican cuisine that has come to delight consumers of all backgrounds.
Last year Hawthorne was featured on CBS’ Undercover Boss – a popular television franchise series that features the experiences of senior executives working undercover in their own companies to investigate how their firms really work and to identify how they can be improved, as well as to reward hard-working employees.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 100 People Killed In First 20 Days Of 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Primary School To Be Renamed For Veronica Campbell Brown - January 22, 2018
- Three Members Of Family Killed In St Thomas - January 21, 2018
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Cheeky Back-Heel Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - January 20, 2018
- Canadian, British Tourists In St James Urged To Stay Within Resorts - January 20, 2018
- Former West Indies Youth Cricketer Of The Year Xavier Marshall To Represent The USA - January 19, 2018
- Major Military Operation In St James - January 18, 2018
- Bolt To Donate $1 Million To Children’s Home Following Deadly Fire - January 17, 2018
- Mobay Man Charged For Quadruple Murder - January 17, 2018
- Jamaica To Send First Women’s Bobsleigh Team To Olympics - January 16, 2018