Caribbean Love Campaign Offers Big Support For Post-Hurricane Recovery
Investor Joe Bogdanovich yesterday announced the launch of Caribbean Love, a hurricane relief campaign that will support rebuilding programmes in islands affected by Hurricanes Irma and Maria.
As part of the campaign, Mr. Bogdanovich will leverage the businesses and brands with which he is associated to rally donations on behalf of the people in islands impacted by the hurricanes. Each business and brand will participate in the relief effort in their own way.
“As human beings, we should all be deeply concerned by what has happened over the course of the hurricane season. But this is an opportunity for us to define who we are as Caribbean people. The devastation must be met with hope, unity and a sense of purpose,” said Mr. Bogdanovich.
The brands and businesses Mr. Bogdanovich has made the launch partners of Caribbean Love are Reggae Sumfest, Downsound Records, Downsound Entertainment, FranJam, KLE, Usain Bolt’s Tracks & Records, H&L Rapid True Value, H&L Agro, Parkland Industrial Co., Argyle Industries and the R Hotel. Additional partners will be announced as the campaign is deployed.
“We as a group are committed to helping our Caribbean brothers and sisters in this tremulous time of need. We are committed to making a difference,” said Mr. Bogdanovich. He further stated that the Caribbean Love visit the affected islands to meet with government and development organizations and local charities to develop a clear understanding of the help needed to return growth and stability to these countries.
At present, the key initiatives of the campaign include contributions of cash from each business as well as:
Sumfest Reloaded… the Benefit
DSE will produce a benefit concert and telethon set to take place in Kingston, Jamaica tentatively scheduled for a date in November 2017. Artists from Jamaica and the Caribbean will be invited to perform.
Donations of equipment and supplies
Hardware & Lumber will also donate equipment and building supplies. Jamaicans are also invited to make donations of canned food, clothing, tarpaulins batteries and solar lamps, etc. in containers donated by Parkland Industrial Co. at all 15 H&L Rapid True Value and H&L Agro stores across the island. One hundred percent of all donations will be distributed to the people of the affected islands.
Global monetary donations and support
The Caribbean Love campaign will reach out globally to all continents and to millions of Caribbean music, culture, and lifestyle fans and various enterprises for financial and other types of support of this initiative.
Mr. Bogdanovich appealed to corporations and artists to join the Caribbean Love movement. “I am calling out personally to corporations and artists to join the Caribbean Love movement. Now more than ever, we have to stand up for our Caribbean brothers and sisters. No one could have imagined that so much could be lost so quickly. Jamaica is in the position to help in a meaningful way, but we must act now, and we must act together and make an important difference,” he said.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Caribbean Airlines To Launch Flights From Jamaica To Cuba - October 21, 2019
- LISTEN: Ras Ghandi-State Of Emergency - October 19, 2019
- Ruffi Drops Awesome Music Video For His Hit Single ‘Pressure’ - October 18, 2019
- Gov’t Signs Contract to Build 1650 Homes In St Catherine - October 17, 2019
- Jamaican Gymnast Danusia Francis Books Spot At Olympic Games - October 10, 2019
- Massive Victory! Jamaica Take Gold In Women’s 4×100 At World Champs - October 6, 2019
- Health Ministry Halts Importation of Zantac - October 3, 2019
- JFF Calls For Women And Families To Come Out In Support Of The Reggae Girlz - September 19, 2019
- Visual Artist Maia Chung Invited By Major Italian Gallery For Consideration For Important Art Residency In Italy 2019 - September 18, 2019
- Players Struck By Lightning At Manning Cup Match - September 17, 2019