Bomb Scare Prompts Heightened Security At Elleston Road Police Station
Police in Kingston have reportedly bolstered security at the Elleston road police station in St Andrew, following an unsuccessful bomb attack on Saturday morning (June 3).
At approximately 5:00 am police control in Kingston reportedly received a phone call that the guard room at the Elleston road police station had been fire bombed.
Officers on guard room duties at the station subsequently went outside to investigate and discovered a cocktail bomb.
According to Irie FM, the bomb was reportedly discovered in a shattered Apple Vodka bottle lying next to a wall with a towel which was used as a “wick” among the splinters.
A team from the scene of crime unit was then called in to process the scene.
One officer reportedly stated that the officers could have been gravely injured if the cocktail bomb had ignited.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica Represented In IDB Development Work - May 26, 2018
- Reggae Boyz Fall Out Of Top 50 In Latest FIFA Rankings - May 26, 2018
- Sean Paul Announces Death Of His Father - May 25, 2018
- Ananda Alert Issued For Missing St Ann Teen - May 24, 2018
- Street Team Win ‘Clash 13’ Of Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Competition - May 23, 2018
- Ignite IGL Foundation Brings Cheer To Riverton Meadows Early Childhood Centre - May 22, 2018
- Gasoline Retailers Express Concern As Fuel Prices Rise - May 22, 2018
- Security Forces Seize Masks, Firearms In Westmoreland - May 21, 2018
- Gov’t Considers Increasing Ethanol Percentage In Petrol - May 20, 2018
- Bayern Munich Reportedly Make €60 Million Offer For Jamaican Winger Leon Bailey - May 19, 2018