Aljamin Sterlin Flies Jamaican Flag High After Defeating Brazilian In UFC Mixed Martial Arts
On Saturday, Aljamain Sterling proudly hoisted the Jamaican flag after defeating Brazilian Augusto Mendes UFC in Kansas City, Missouri.
Sterling earned the victory via unanimous decision by the judges receiving scores of 29-28 across the board.
The talented mixed martial artist who has Jamaican parents utilised his tremendous stamina to earn the win.
The first round was arguably the most competitive.
Sterling expertly executed a takedown but the resilient Mendes, who is known for his elite grappling skills proved to be no push over.
The second round was mostly a standing clinch war near the fence but Sterling, with intelligent play and focus scored another late takedown.
He then sealed the win in round three courtesy of some big shots late in the pocket.
An emotional Sterling hoisted the Jamaican flag as the announcer read the final scores.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 100 People Killed In First 20 Days Of 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Primary School To Be Renamed For Veronica Campbell Brown - January 22, 2018
- Three Members Of Family Killed In St Thomas - January 21, 2018
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Cheeky Back-Heel Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - January 20, 2018
- Canadian, British Tourists In St James Urged To Stay Within Resorts - January 20, 2018
- Former West Indies Youth Cricketer Of The Year Xavier Marshall To Represent The USA - January 19, 2018
- Major Military Operation In St James - January 18, 2018
- Bolt To Donate $1 Million To Children’s Home Following Deadly Fire - January 17, 2018
- Mobay Man Charged For Quadruple Murder - January 17, 2018
- Jamaica To Send First Women’s Bobsleigh Team To Olympics - January 16, 2018