Aljamin Sterlin Flies Jamaican Flag High After Defeating Brazilian In UFC Mixed Martial Arts
On Saturday, Aljamain Sterling proudly hoisted the Jamaican flag after defeating Brazilian Augusto Mendes UFC in Kansas City, Missouri.
Sterling earned the victory via unanimous decision by the judges receiving scores of 29-28 across the board.
The talented mixed martial artist who has Jamaican parents utilised his tremendous stamina to earn the win.
The first round was arguably the most competitive.
Sterling expertly executed a takedown but the resilient Mendes, who is known for his elite grappling skills proved to be no push over.
The second round was mostly a standing clinch war near the fence but Sterling, with intelligent play and focus scored another late takedown.
He then sealed the win in round three courtesy of some big shots late in the pocket.
An emotional Sterling hoisted the Jamaican flag as the announcer read the final scores.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Category 5 Hurricane Maria Leaves “Widespread Devastation” In Dominica, Continues To Rip Through Caribbean - September 19, 2017
- Minor Earthquake Rattles Several Parishes - September 18, 2017
- Hurricane Maria Approaches Caribbean, Expected To Strengthen Rapidly - September 18, 2017
- Thousands Of Jamaicans Among ‘Dreamers’ In The US - September 17, 2017
- New JFF Boss Elected - September 17, 2017
- World’s Oldest Person – Jamaica’s Violet Moss-Brown Dies At 117 - September 16, 2017
- Jamaican Banana/Plantain Farmers Achieve GlobalG.A.P. Certification - September 15, 2017
- More Reggae Boyz To Ply Trade In Europe - September 15, 2017
- Doctor Found Dead At Her Home In Kingston - September 14, 2017
- Some Coins To Be Removed From Circulation In Jamaica - September 14, 2017