Aljamin Sterlin Flies Jamaican Flag High After Defeating Brazilian In UFC Mixed Martial Arts
On Saturday, Aljamain Sterling proudly hoisted the Jamaican flag after defeating Brazilian Augusto Mendes UFC in Kansas City, Missouri.
Sterling earned the victory via unanimous decision by the judges receiving scores of 29-28 across the board.
The talented mixed martial artist who has Jamaican parents utilised his tremendous stamina to earn the win.
The first round was arguably the most competitive.
Sterling expertly executed a takedown but the resilient Mendes, who is known for his elite grappling skills proved to be no push over.
The second round was mostly a standing clinch war near the fence but Sterling, with intelligent play and focus scored another late takedown.
He then sealed the win in round three courtesy of some big shots late in the pocket.
An emotional Sterling hoisted the Jamaican flag as the announcer read the final scores.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019
- Reggae Boy Peter-Lee Vassell Drafted by Los Angeles FC - January 13, 2019
- Caribbean Food And Drink Festival “Taste The Islands Experience” Returns To Fort Lauderdale—Bigger And Better - January 10, 2019
- Buju Concert Scheduled For March 16th In Jamaica - January 6, 2019
- Ruffi Delivers Again With New Single ‘Pressure’ - January 2, 2019
- PM And Security Experts Meet To Plan Further Anti-Crime Strategies - January 1, 2019
- New Short Film Shines Light On Bob Marley’s Love For Football - December 30, 2018
- Leon Bailey To Be Instructed By New Coach At Bayer Leverkusen - December 26, 2018