Aljamin Sterlin Flies Jamaican Flag High After Defeating Brazilian In UFC Mixed Martial Arts
On Saturday, Aljamain Sterling proudly hoisted the Jamaican flag after defeating Brazilian Augusto Mendes UFC in Kansas City, Missouri.
Sterling earned the victory via unanimous decision by the judges receiving scores of 29-28 across the board.
The talented mixed martial artist who has Jamaican parents utilised his tremendous stamina to earn the win.
The first round was arguably the most competitive.
Sterling expertly executed a takedown but the resilient Mendes, who is known for his elite grappling skills proved to be no push over.
The second round was mostly a standing clinch war near the fence but Sterling, with intelligent play and focus scored another late takedown.
He then sealed the win in round three courtesy of some big shots late in the pocket.
An emotional Sterling hoisted the Jamaican flag as the announcer read the final scores.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: email@example.com
- Thompson Wins Women’s 100m At Birmingham Diamond League - August 20, 2017
- Upcoming Solar Eclipse Will Obscure Large View Of The Sun From Jamaica, But Protect Your Eyes! - August 20, 2017
- 10 Persons Struck By Lightning At Mystic mountain - August 19, 2017
- Tropical Storm Harvey Being Monitored By ODPEM, Met Office - August 19, 2017
- Regulations Coming For Motorcycle Sale And Use (NRSC) - August 18, 2017
- Employment In Jamaica At All-Time High - August 18, 2017
- Bolt To Miss Opportunity To Play For Manchester United Due To Injury - August 17, 2017
- Jamaican Farm Worker Dies In Tractor Roll-Over Accident In Canada - August 17, 2017
- Elaine Thompson To Compete In Diamond League This Sunday - August 17, 2017
- Businessman Killed In Sandy Bay, Clarendon - August 16, 2017