Aljamin Sterlin Flies Jamaican Flag High After Defeating Brazilian In UFC Mixed Martial Arts
On Saturday, Aljamain Sterling proudly hoisted the Jamaican flag after defeating Brazilian Augusto Mendes UFC in Kansas City, Missouri.
Sterling earned the victory via unanimous decision by the judges receiving scores of 29-28 across the board.
The talented mixed martial artist who has Jamaican parents utilised his tremendous stamina to earn the win.
The first round was arguably the most competitive.
Sterling expertly executed a takedown but the resilient Mendes, who is known for his elite grappling skills proved to be no push over.
The second round was mostly a standing clinch war near the fence but Sterling, with intelligent play and focus scored another late takedown.
He then sealed the win in round three courtesy of some big shots late in the pocket.
An emotional Sterling hoisted the Jamaican flag as the announcer read the final scores.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- U-17 Reggae Girlz Out Of Contention For Women’s World Cup - October 23, 2017
- Bloody Weekend Sees Seven Killed In St James - October 22, 2017
- ‘A Lot’ Of Football Clubs Have Contacted Me – Usain Bolt - October 22, 2017
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017