The Real Revolutionary
The Mighty Falcon came out of the sun like the Son of Man,
Its mighty wings created waves as it traversed the oceans afar,
From the shores of Latin America in the Americas,
Landed and perched in the Caribbean,
Then soared over the Continent of Africa to the Cape of Good Hope;
Liberated the indigenous people from the claws of European vultures;
Breathed into them the spirit of revolution
So that they too could revolt against oppressions,
Trodden domination and liberated themselves.
The Mighty Falcon soared and accomplished its mission
And changed the hands of time forever.
Its era is over, a job well done;
It’s time to reincarnate into another time and space.
Viva la Mighty Falcon, history has absolved you
Now it’s time for you to return to the sun.
So my friends, be cheerful
Let’s not mourn its transitioning
Let’s cherish and uplift its legacy.
By Franklin Douglas
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- St Elizabeth – Jamaica’s “Mix Up and Blend” Parish? - March 23, 2017
- The Killing of Our Women - February 12, 2017
- Do We Really Know What’s Happening to Many of our Children? - February 5, 2017
- So What if Robert Montague’s Uncle is an Obeah Man? - January 27, 2017
- Letter to Ministers of National Security and Justice - January 21, 2017
- Why Did We Turn Down the Prison Deal? - January 17, 2017
- 7 Awesome Locations For Instagram Photos in Jamaica - December 22, 2016
- The Threat From Fake Rice to the Jamaican Consumers - December 13, 2016
- The Real Revolutionary - November 28, 2016
- The Rundown Environment of Cross Roads - November 20, 2016