Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by the faith in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. – Galatians 2:16 (NKJV)
Christians have been generalized as “church people” for many different reasons; some based on personal experience in church, some because of what they have heard, and others just because they are ungodly and don’t see the need for a Savior.
Even Christians have referred to each other as “church people.”
I am not bothered when people generalize us Christians with the “church people” label. We have heard it all; “church people” are ____________ (you can fill in the blank).
The natural eyes cannot discern the things of God (1 Corinthians 2:14), therefore it would be foolish for us as true believers to think that an unbeliever can discern the “sheep” from the “goats” or the “wheat” from the “tares” both of which Jesus said let them dwell together until the day of harvest (Matthew 13:30).
My concern is not about the label or the criticism but more about the person, for he himself is in need of a Saviour. So throw us all in a “church people” box and rightly so because we are all of the same body (1 Corinthians 12:27); but don’t think for a minute that you will be saved because you are different or doing better than the “church people.”
In retrospect you are just as hypocritical as the “church people” pointing at the speck in another man’s eye and can’t see the beam in yours. The Scripture declares; every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord to the glory of God the Father (Romans 14:11). So whether you confess now and become one of the “church people” which is far better for you or before the throne of judgment, you will.
It is my prayer for you to come to the realization that while you are making labels and still disconnected from the true and living God, that the “church people” are God’s workmanship (Ephesians 2:10).
They are clay in the Potter’s hand being molded to perfection. Therefore, stop for a minute and ask yourself: what is worse being called “church people” or spending eternity in the lake of fire (Revelation 20:14)?
Choose today whom you will serve!
Revelation 20:14-15 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.
Natalee Henry, SeasonDestiny
“Empowering You To Make Right Decisions In Life”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Bolt Gets Shooting Advice From Arsenal Legend Robert Pirès - June 22, 2018
- Jamaican Film”Sprinter” Wins Big At American Black Film Festival - June 21, 2018
- Curfew For Sections of Annotto Bay, St Mary – JCF - June 20, 2018
- Rising US Rapper With Jamaican Roots Killed In Florida - June 19, 2018
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018