Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by the faith in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. – Galatians 2:16 (NKJV)
Christians have been generalized as “church people” for many different reasons; some based on personal experience in church, some because of what they have heard, and others just because they are ungodly and don’t see the need for a Savior.
Even Christians have referred to each other as “church people.”
I am not bothered when people generalize us Christians with the “church people” label. We have heard it all; “church people” are ____________ (you can fill in the blank).
The natural eyes cannot discern the things of God (1 Corinthians 2:14), therefore it would be foolish for us as true believers to think that an unbeliever can discern the “sheep” from the “goats” or the “wheat” from the “tares” both of which Jesus said let them dwell together until the day of harvest (Matthew 13:30).
My concern is not about the label or the criticism but more about the person, for he himself is in need of a Saviour. So throw us all in a “church people” box and rightly so because we are all of the same body (1 Corinthians 12:27); but don’t think for a minute that you will be saved because you are different or doing better than the “church people.”
In retrospect you are just as hypocritical as the “church people” pointing at the speck in another man’s eye and can’t see the beam in yours. The Scripture declares; every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord to the glory of God the Father (Romans 14:11). So whether you confess now and become one of the “church people” which is far better for you or before the throne of judgment, you will.
It is my prayer for you to come to the realization that while you are making labels and still disconnected from the true and living God, that the “church people” are God’s workmanship (Ephesians 2:10).
They are clay in the Potter’s hand being molded to perfection. Therefore, stop for a minute and ask yourself: what is worse being called “church people” or spending eternity in the lake of fire (Revelation 20:14)?
Choose today whom you will serve!
Revelation 20:14-15 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.
Natalee Henry, SeasonDestiny
“Empowering You To Make Right Decisions In Life”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete - April 22, 2018
- Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica - April 21, 2018
- Canadian Politician Sparks Outrage With Remarks About Jamaicans, Later Apologises - April 20, 2018
- Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds - April 19, 2018
- Counterfeit Goods Valuing Over $100 Million Seized, Two Chinese Nationals Arrested - April 18, 2018
- Jamaicans Among Thousands From Caribbean To See Their Status Legalised In The UK - April 17, 2018
- Murders Down By Nearly 80 Percent In St James Under State Of Emergency - April 16, 2018
- 27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games - April 15, 2018
- Leon Bailey Backs Bolt To Succeed As A Professional Footballer - April 14, 2018
- Serious And Violent Crimes Down By Over 5 Percent – JCF - April 13, 2018