Man’s severed hand reattached to ankle to keep it alive for a month!
Xiao Wei unfortunately lost his right hand in an accident while at work.
His colleagues recovered the severed limb and he was rushed to his local hospital in Changde Xiao, China.
Skillful Chinese doctors managed to save the man’s severed hand by attaching it to his ankle for an entire month.
According to reports, Xiao Wei lost his right hand in an accident at work but could not have it reattached to his arm straight away.
Surgeons had to instead keep it alive by grafting his hand to Mr. Wei’s ankle and directed blood supply from his arteries to his leg.
The surgeons were able to remove the hand from Mr. Wei’s ankle and replant it back on his arm.
Doctors in the Changsha region stated that Mr. Wei will need to undergo several more operations but are confident he will be able to regain the full use of his hand.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- Bolt Really Wants to Run the 200m in Less than 19 seconds - April 18, 2015
- Body of Baby Discovered at Riverton Dump - April 17, 2015
- Iconic Dancer Patsy Ricketts Latest to Blast Chronixx - April 17, 2015
- Three Teenagers Among four Killed Execution Style in Clarendon - April 16, 2015
- JLP Leader Andrew Holness Interviews Shabba Ranks (Video) - April 16, 2015
- Former Prime Minister Andrew Holness to Judge Popular Dancehall TV Show - April 15, 2015
- Customers are Enjoying the Lowest Electricity Rates in 5 Years: JPS Release - April 15, 2015
- Plane Filled With Weapons and Ammunition Flew in To Help Prevent Dudus’ Arrest - April 14, 2015
- Local Committee Claims Children are Being Sold as Sex Slaves in Ocho Rios - April 14, 2015
- Jamaican Boy Intercepted Allegedly Attempting to Join ISIS - April 12, 2015