Man’s severed hand reattached to ankle to keep it alive for a month!
Xiao Wei unfortunately lost his right hand in an accident while at work.
His colleagues recovered the severed limb and he was rushed to his local hospital in Changde Xiao, China.
Skillful Chinese doctors managed to save the man’s severed hand by attaching it to his ankle for an entire month.
According to reports, Xiao Wei lost his right hand in an accident at work but could not have it reattached to his arm straight away.
Surgeons had to instead keep it alive by grafting his hand to Mr. Wei’s ankle and directed blood supply from his arteries to his leg.
The surgeons were able to remove the hand from Mr. Wei’s ankle and replant it back on his arm.
Doctors in the Changsha region stated that Mr. Wei will need to undergo several more operations but are confident he will be able to regain the full use of his hand.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Category 5 Hurricane Maria Leaves “Widespread Devastation” In Dominica, Continues To Rip Through Caribbean - September 19, 2017
- Minor Earthquake Rattles Several Parishes - September 18, 2017
- Hurricane Maria Approaches Caribbean, Expected To Strengthen Rapidly - September 18, 2017
- Thousands Of Jamaicans Among ‘Dreamers’ In The US - September 17, 2017
- New JFF Boss Elected - September 17, 2017
- World’s Oldest Person – Jamaica’s Violet Moss-Brown Dies At 117 - September 16, 2017
- Jamaican Banana/Plantain Farmers Achieve GlobalG.A.P. Certification - September 15, 2017
- More Reggae Boyz To Ply Trade In Europe - September 15, 2017
- Doctor Found Dead At Her Home In Kingston - September 14, 2017
- Some Coins To Be Removed From Circulation In Jamaica - September 14, 2017