Man’s severed hand reattached to ankle to keep it alive for a month!
Xiao Wei unfortunately lost his right hand in an accident while at work.
His colleagues recovered the severed limb and he was rushed to his local hospital in Changde Xiao, China.
Skillful Chinese doctors managed to save the man’s severed hand by attaching it to his ankle for an entire month.
According to reports, Xiao Wei lost his right hand in an accident at work but could not have it reattached to his arm straight away.
Surgeons had to instead keep it alive by grafting his hand to Mr. Wei’s ankle and directed blood supply from his arteries to his leg.
The surgeons were able to remove the hand from Mr. Wei’s ankle and replant it back on his arm.
Doctors in the Changsha region stated that Mr. Wei will need to undergo several more operations but are confident he will be able to regain the full use of his hand.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- Religious Discrimination at St Hilda’s? - October 6, 2015
- 19-Yr-Old Girl Dies After Being Struck By Lightning in St Thomas - October 6, 2015
- “I have been betrayed by my country Jamaica” Says Steve Mullings - October 5, 2015
- Jamaican Movie-Goers Spend Over 3/4 Billion at Cinemas in 1 Year Period - October 5, 2015
- Lady Saw Wants to Acquire Building to Help Homeless Persons in Downtown Kingston - October 4, 2015
- Jamaican Boxer Shocks Argentine Champion (Video) - October 4, 2015
- Almost 100 Schools Affected By Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease - October 2, 2015
- Jamaica Gets Rain From Hurricane Joaquin - October 2, 2015
- New Short Film Shines Spotlight on Child Sex Abuse in Jamaica (Video) - October 2, 2015
- Zika Virus is Now in Jamaica Says Senator Marlene Malahoo-Forte - October 1, 2015