Man’s severed hand reattached to ankle to keep it alive for a month!
Xiao Wei unfortunately lost his right hand in an accident while at work.
His colleagues recovered the severed limb and he was rushed to his local hospital in Changde Xiao, China.
Skillful Chinese doctors managed to save the man’s severed hand by attaching it to his ankle for an entire month.
According to reports, Xiao Wei lost his right hand in an accident at work but could not have it reattached to his arm straight away.
Surgeons had to instead keep it alive by grafting his hand to Mr. Wei’s ankle and directed blood supply from his arteries to his leg.
The surgeons were able to remove the hand from Mr. Wei’s ankle and replant it back on his arm.
Doctors in the Changsha region stated that Mr. Wei will need to undergo several more operations but are confident he will be able to regain the full use of his hand.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Bolt Heads Strong Jamaica Team To London World Championship - July 25, 2017
- Boy’s Body Found On Beach In Bull Bay - July 25, 2017
- Armed Robbers Steal ONLY Food From Popular Jamaican Restaurant in Florida - July 23, 2017
- Westmoreland’s Most Wanted Killed By Police - July 22, 2017
- Reggae Boyz Eyeing Spot in Gold Cup Final - July 22, 2017
- Bolt Wins 100m Diamond League Sprint Ahead Of World Championships - July 21, 2017
- High-Powered Weapons, Over 4000 Rounds Ammunition Found At Wharves - July 21, 2017
- Prominent Montego Bay Businessman Shot Dead By Gunman - July 20, 2017
- Gunmen Open Fire On Denham Town Police Station - July 19, 2017
- Bolt, Omar McLeod to Face Off In Monaco - July 19, 2017