Man’s severed hand reattached to ankle to keep it alive for a month!
Xiao Wei unfortunately lost his right hand in an accident while at work.
His colleagues recovered the severed limb and he was rushed to his local hospital in Changde Xiao, China.
Skillful Chinese doctors managed to save the man’s severed hand by attaching it to his ankle for an entire month.
According to reports, Xiao Wei lost his right hand in an accident at work but could not have it reattached to his arm straight away.
Surgeons had to instead keep it alive by grafting his hand to Mr. Wei’s ankle and directed blood supply from his arteries to his leg.
The surgeons were able to remove the hand from Mr. Wei’s ankle and replant it back on his arm.
Doctors in the Changsha region stated that Mr. Wei will need to undergo several more operations but are confident he will be able to regain the full use of his hand.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- Three Persons Die in Spanish Town Road Accident - February 8, 2016
- Juliet Cuthbert Pregnant at Age 51! - February 8, 2016
- Two Killed at JLP Mass Rally in Montego Bay - February 8, 2016
- Marley Family Sues Entertainer Who Claimed He is Bob Marley’s Son - February 7, 2016
- “I’m Honoured to Be Compared to Usain Bolt” Says US Football Player (Video) - February 7, 2016
- Wally British Loses Her Dad - February 7, 2016
- 100 Persons Arrested in St Andrew’s ‘Red-Light District’ - February 6, 2016
- Jamaican Girl Dies in Suspected Murder-Suicide in Orlando - February 6, 2016
- VIDEO: An Incredible Tour of Jamaica’s Beautiful Croydon Plantation - February 6, 2016
- 8 Yr-Old Primary School Dies While Waiting For Heart Transplant - February 5, 2016