Man’s severed hand reattached to ankle to keep it alive for a month!
Xiao Wei unfortunately lost his right hand in an accident while at work.
His colleagues recovered the severed limb and he was rushed to his local hospital in Changde Xiao, China.
Skillful Chinese doctors managed to save the man’s severed hand by attaching it to his ankle for an entire month.
According to reports, Xiao Wei lost his right hand in an accident at work but could not have it reattached to his arm straight away.
Surgeons had to instead keep it alive by grafting his hand to Mr. Wei’s ankle and directed blood supply from his arteries to his leg.
The surgeons were able to remove the hand from Mr. Wei’s ankle and replant it back on his arm.
Doctors in the Changsha region stated that Mr. Wei will need to undergo several more operations but are confident he will be able to regain the full use of his hand.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- The Worst Disease You Never Heard Of - February 28, 2015
- 11 Persons Injured in Early Morning Crash - February 27, 2015
- NCB to Significantly Increase Some Fees - February 26, 2015
- Reggae Singer Etana Falls Unconscious, Hospitalised - February 26, 2015
- Marijuana Decriminalised in Jamaica - February 25, 2015
- Beauty and The Priest - February 25, 2015
- J’can Born Man and Wife Get 15 Year Prison Sentence in the US - February 24, 2015
- 13-Yr-Old Girl Gets Bitten by Crocodile in St. Elizabeth - February 24, 2015
- Jamaica’s Chris Gayle Smashes World Cup’s First Ever Double Century! (Video) - February 24, 2015
- South Florida Woman gets 5 Year Prison Sentence for Taking Jamaican Lottery Scam Money - February 23, 2015