Man’s severed hand reattached to ankle to keep it alive for a month!
Xiao Wei unfortunately lost his right hand in an accident while at work.
His colleagues recovered the severed limb and he was rushed to his local hospital in Changde Xiao, China.
Skillful Chinese doctors managed to save the man’s severed hand by attaching it to his ankle for an entire month.
According to reports, Xiao Wei lost his right hand in an accident at work but could not have it reattached to his arm straight away.
Surgeons had to instead keep it alive by grafting his hand to Mr. Wei’s ankle and directed blood supply from his arteries to his leg.
The surgeons were able to remove the hand from Mr. Wei’s ankle and replant it back on his arm.
Doctors in the Changsha region stated that Mr. Wei will need to undergo several more operations but are confident he will be able to regain the full use of his hand.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- Another Extremely Fun Thing to Do in Jamaica… IF You’re Brave Enough (Video) - June 29, 2015
- Omi Becomes 1st Jamaican to Enter Top 5 of Billboard Hot 100 Chart in 12 Years - June 27, 2015
- Jamaica’s Financial Well-Being Lower Than Haiti – Report - June 26, 2015
- Asafa Powell Blazes to Victory at Jamaican National Trials - June 26, 2015
- Murders Up By Over 16% So Far This Year - June 24, 2015
- Full Steam Ahead! – Strong Reggae Boyz Team Named for Gold Cup - June 24, 2015
- These Jamaican Youngsters are Talented! (Video) - June 24, 2015
- Baby Boy’s Burnt Body Discovered in St Andrew - June 23, 2015
- Visa Free Travel to Europe For Jamaicans? - June 22, 2015
- Miss Jamaica Diaspora 2015 Crowned (Video) - June 22, 2015