Man’s severed hand reattached to ankle to keep it alive for a month!
Xiao Wei unfortunately lost his right hand in an accident while at work.
His colleagues recovered the severed limb and he was rushed to his local hospital in Changde Xiao, China.
Skillful Chinese doctors managed to save the man’s severed hand by attaching it to his ankle for an entire month.
According to reports, Xiao Wei lost his right hand in an accident at work but could not have it reattached to his arm straight away.
Surgeons had to instead keep it alive by grafting his hand to Mr. Wei’s ankle and directed blood supply from his arteries to his leg.
The surgeons were able to remove the hand from Mr. Wei’s ankle and replant it back on his arm.
Doctors in the Changsha region stated that Mr. Wei will need to undergo several more operations but are confident he will be able to regain the full use of his hand.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- Jamaican Film Maker and Writer Nominated for 2 African Oscar Awards! - July 29, 2015
- Three Jamaicans Named in Gold Cup Team of the Tournament - July 29, 2015
- Vybz Kartel’s Home in Havendale Destroyed (Video) - July 29, 2015
- Gays Protest in Montego Bay Ahead of Upcoming LGBT Pride Celebrations - July 28, 2015
- American Athlete Seemingly Worried About Failing Drug Test After Trip to Jamaica - July 28, 2015
- Oliver Samuels to Serve Divorce Papers in South Florida! (Video) - July 27, 2015
- “Jamaica is Not a Team The US Should Be Losing To” Says Analyst After Defeat to Reggae Boyz (Video) - July 25, 2015
- How Well Do You Know Jamaica? Identify this Place - July 25, 2015
- Jah Cure – No. 1 on Reggae Billboard With Album “The Cure” - July 24, 2015
- “I Just Do My Best – I Do it Clean” Says Bolt (Video) - July 24, 2015