Man’s severed hand reattached to ankle to keep it alive for a month!
Xiao Wei unfortunately lost his right hand in an accident while at work.
His colleagues recovered the severed limb and he was rushed to his local hospital in Changde Xiao, China.
Skillful Chinese doctors managed to save the man’s severed hand by attaching it to his ankle for an entire month.
According to reports, Xiao Wei lost his right hand in an accident at work but could not have it reattached to his arm straight away.
Surgeons had to instead keep it alive by grafting his hand to Mr. Wei’s ankle and directed blood supply from his arteries to his leg.
The surgeons were able to remove the hand from Mr. Wei’s ankle and replant it back on his arm.
Doctors in the Changsha region stated that Mr. Wei will need to undergo several more operations but are confident he will be able to regain the full use of his hand.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- Doctors Expect J Capri to Make Full Recovery After Serious Motor Vehicle Accident - November 30, 2015
- Promising Female Dancehall Artiste Killed in Hanover (Video) - November 29, 2015
- Usain Bolt Was Born Fast But He Works Hard! (Video) - November 29, 2015
- Battery Theft Solution Finally Found For Solar Lighting on Highway 2000 - November 28, 2015
- Protests By Gay Activists Force Beenie Man Off New Zealand Concert - November 27, 2015
- Former Jamaican Boxing Champion Killed in Atlanta (Video) - November 26, 2015
- Study: Chik-V May Cause Serious Brain Infection in Some People - November 26, 2015
- One Person Killed Every 7 Hours in Jamaica: JCF Stats - November 26, 2015
- Vice Principal, Daughter Attacked And Stabbed 26 Times in Portland - November 25, 2015
- 3 Jamaicans Included in All-Star U19 team For 2015 Copa Rayados - November 24, 2015