West Indies Crushed by India within 3 Days
The West Indies cricketers are now licking their wounds after suffering a massive innings and 51 run loss to India inside of three days in the first test at Eden Gardens in Kolkata to give the home team a 1-nil lead in the two test series.
Another dramatic batting collapse led to the West Indies’ demise as they fell from 101 for 1 to 168 all out after trailing India by 219 runs on first innings.
However apart from Darren Bravo who top-scored with 37 and Shivnarine Chanderpaul who made 31 not out, the Windies were bundled out with the last 9 wickets falling for just 67 runs in just 23 overs and 4 balls.
Test debutant Mohammed Shami was the destroyer for the home team bagging 5 for 4, for an overall nine wickets in the game, the most by an Indian fast bowler on debut, to hand India their fifth successive win.
The West Indies meanwhile were suffering their first loss after six consecutive wins against New Zealand, Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.
Shami was supported by Ravichandran Ashwin who took 3 for 47.
Earlier Ashwin and Rohit Sharma extended their 7th wicket partnership to 280 after India resumed on their overnight 354 for 6.
Sharma ended on 177 a knock which included 23 fours and a six while Ashwin hit 11 boundaries on his way to 124 as India piled up 453 before they were bowled out just before lunch on the third day.
It was a gutting end to the match for Shane Shillingford, who laboured 55 overs to pick up 6 for 167. Veersammy Permaul meanwhile grabbed 2 for 57.
A disappointed captain Darren Sammy , while giving credit to the Indian batsmen chided the West Iindies batsmen for their approach.
Final scores in the match West Indies 234 and 158, India 453
The second and final test starts Wednesday night Jamaica time at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai, the home city of the hosts’ batting megastar Sachin Tendulkar, who will be playing the 200th and final test for his homeland.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- Rivals Bolt and Gatlin May Face Off in the Bahamas - April 9, 2015
- Usain Bolt Ranked 16th Greatest Athlete Over the Last 20 Years - April 2, 2015
- American Tourist Allegedly Raped by Cuban Football Players in Jamaica - April 1, 2015
- Young Reggae Boyz Miss World Cup Spot After Heartbreaking Penalty Shootout Defeat - March 16, 2015
- Jamaica Beats the USA 1-0! (Highlights) - March 11, 2015
- Jamaica U-17 Players Injured in Elevator Crash in Honduras - March 1, 2015
- Jamaican Netballer Granted Australian Citizen, Could Represent Diamonds at 2015 Netball World Cup - February 16, 2015
- Legends Unite! – Bolt meets Jordan at Super Bowl 49 - February 2, 2015
- From the Track to the Runway – Asafa Powell Joins Modelling Agency! - January 8, 2015
- Liverpool’s Jamaican-born ace Raheem Sterling earns European Golden Boy award - December 20, 2014