Usain Bolt has Statue made after him.
The German artist Vita Diedel Kloever, wanted to pay homage to the Olympic champion Usain Bolt by making a life-size statue of the fastest man in the world!
The statue, which he gave the name Bolt Bolts of was made entirely in Germany from scrap and bolts.
Kloever said he was amazed by the exploits of the sprinter and he believed it is a great way to show him respect.
“Bolt is a sprinter extraordinaire, one of the greatest the world has ever seen. I am proud of having links with Jamaica”, said Kloever who is married to a Jamaican.
The artist had the idea for the statue in 2009, the year when Bolt won the world championship in Berlin, but didn’t have enough material to complete the statue at that time.
In March, he started making the statue which took him four months to complete. ” My greatest pleasure is that this statue Usain Bolt be in its place, and it is in Jamaica. As an artist, will be a great honour for me . ”
Kloever Dangast was born in Germany in 1961. After completing high school he developed an interest in the visual arts and performing arts and later became the bassist of German reggae Herbman Band .
Remember to share this article on Facebook and subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Accident Claims Life Of UWI Student In St Mary - July 16, 2018
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Secures Rare Sprint Double At World U20 Championships - July 14, 2018
- Petrol Prices Surge Locally - July 12, 2018
- Protoje Tops Billboard Reggae Chart - July 11, 2018
- Kartel Possibly One Step Closer To Freedom - July 9, 2018
- Elderly Man Suspected Of Committing Suicide In Kingston - July 8, 2018
- Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week - July 6, 2018
- Jamaican-American Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph Inducted Into ICS Wall Of Fame - July 4, 2018
- Zero Murders In St Ann Last Month - July 3, 2018
- Pregnant Woman Killed In Vicious Gun Attack In Portland - July 2, 2018