There are now fifty-nine (59) confirmed cases of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Jamaica.
The new addition is a 43-year-old male from Portland, who is under investigation.
He brings to seven (7) the number of cases under investigation while thirty (30) are imported cases and twenty-two (22) are import-related.
So far, 32 males and 27 females have tested positive. The cases range in age from twelve (12) to eighty-seven (87) years.
The average age is 50 years.
Of the 59 confirmed cases:
• 2 or three per cent are less than 20 years old;
• 3 or five per cent are between 20 and 29 years old;
• 11 or 19 per cent are between 30 and 39 years old;
• 9 or 15 per cent are between 40 and 49 years old;
• 16 or 28 per cent are between 50 and 59 years old;
• 10 or 17 per cent are between 60 and 69 years old;
• 7 or 12 per cent are between 70 and 80 years old; and
• One person is 87 years old.
Eight patients have fully recovered while three have died.
There are currently 38 persons in quarantine in a Government facility. Sixty-two (62) are in isolation.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]