Bolt Sponsors Jamaica’s Special Olympics Team For US$1m
Retired athlete helps his nation towards World Games
Usain Bolt, the world’s fastest man, has been quick off the blocks to commit US$1m to help finance Jamaica’s Special Olympics delegation towards competing at the World Games in March.
The 32-year-old, who has announced that his sports life is over following a series of failed football trials across the globe, has brought in long-term sponsors Puma to help the Jamaica Special Olympics team financially.
Through his Usain Bolt Foundation, and assisted by Puma, the US$1m will help Jamaica compete at the 2019 World Games in Abu Dhabi in March.
The sponsorship will see the 98-strong delegation receiving equipment for the 2019 Games in the UAE.
The team comprises 73 athletes who will be competing in eight sports (athletics, badminton, basketball, bocce, football, rollerskating, bocce, swimming and volleyball), 22 coaches, two officials and one medical representative.
Bolt, the Jamaican icon, explained: “My advice to them is to understand that it will be a big stage.
“Don’t get stage fright, just go out there and try to have as much fun as possible to represent themselves and Jamaica.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Bailey’s Back On Target In Germany - February 18, 2019
- Morrison Makes Move To Scandinavia - February 16, 2019
- Bailey Seemingly Happy To Play International Waiting Game - February 15, 2019
- Love And Romance Tips From Love Doctor Monti - February 13, 2019
- Morrison On Jamaica’s Wanted List To Tackle El Salvador - February 12, 2019
- Bailey’s Blast Ends Personal Goal Drought - February 3, 2019
- Bolt Launches His Own Brand Of Champagne With Jamaican-Style Taste - January 25, 2019
- Fuller’s Out Of Retirement For One Last Shot - January 24, 2019
- Bolt Sponsors Jamaica’s Special Olympics Team For US$1m - January 23, 2019
- Bolt Hangs Up His Boots As He Reaches Football Finish Line - January 22, 2019