Bolt Takes Break From A-League Down Under
Week-long trip to France for Jamaican superstar interrupts football dream
Usain Bolt, the former sprint king, has taken a week out from pre-season training with Australian top-tier team Central Coast Mariners.
The 32-year-old Jamaican, who is on an infinite trial in his pursue of switching his athletic skills to football, had a pre-arranged commitment in Europe prior to joining the Mariners.
A club statement read: “After completing his first three weeks of training with the Central Coast Mariners, the club wishes to advise that Usain Bolt will be abroad from Sunday 9 September to Sunday 16 September for a previously planned commitment.
“This commitment was agreed between Usain Bolt and the Central Coast Mariners before his training period commenced with the club.”
Eight-time Olympic champion Bolt, who recently made an 18-minute debut for the club in a friendly 6-1 win against amateurs, is in France for a week although no international athletic meets are taking place.
Bolt – who trained with training with German giants Borussia Dortmund, South African side Mamelodi Sundownsm and Stromsgodset in Norway – is attempting to pursue his long-held dream of playing top-flight professional football.
Mariners, based just under 50 miles from Sydney, finished rock bottom in the 10-team A-League last term and are currently finding it tricky to accommodate the 6’5″ sprint icon into their squad even for friendlies prior to the new season that kicks off next month.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Bolt Back Training In Australia In Bid To Earn Contract - September 20, 2018
- Pitcairn Tackles New Role With CFU - September 17, 2018
- Bailey May Get Shot At World Cup Glory With Jamaica - September 14, 2018
- World Cup Winner Believes Bolt Could Be “Very Good Footballer” - September 13, 2018
- Bolt Takes Break From A-League Down Under - September 11, 2018
- Jamaica Cruise Past Cayman Islands - September 10, 2018
- Ecuador End Jamaica’s Six-Game Unbeaten Run - September 8, 2018
- Return Of Overseas Players For Reggae Boyz But No Surprises - September 4, 2018
- Bolt Kicks Off Football Career With 18-Minute Stint - August 31, 2018
- Bolt’s Bow Will Be Debut Down Under In Friendly - August 29, 2018