Bolt Could Take Las Vegas Gamble
Jamaican icon could turn to USL to kick-off football career
Usain Bolt, the eight-time Olympic sprint champion, could kick-start his goal to becoming a professional footballer by signing for USL outfit Las Vegas Lights FC.
However, the Jamaican icon’s salary demands are currently beyond the budget of the second-tier side in the United States.
Bolt, heavily linked with turning out for teams in Australia, Germany, Hungary and Turkey, dreams of one day making the line-up for Manchester United – the club he supports – although his first hurdle is joining the professional ranks somewhere.
And even the national team, Jamaica’s Reggae Boyz, have yet to approach the 31-year-old about trials.
Commercially Bolt is a viable additional for many teams, but on the pitch is a different story as he is unproven in his thirties and would be a gamble for clubs such as Las Vegas Lights – a mediocre side struggling in the Western Conference.
“We have an interest in Usain Bolt, why wouldn’t we?” enthused Bretton Lashbrook, the owner of Las Vegas Lights.
“Any coach in any sport who says they wouldn’t like the opportunity to work with the world’s fastest man at his prime, would just be flat out lying to you.
“He’s trained at some of the best clubs in the world. To come play in Division 2 in the United States actually makes all the sense in the world.
“This guy is an absolute specimen of an athlete and we think he could absolutely succeed at the USL level.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Bolt Hangs Up His Boots As He Reaches Football Finish Line - January 22, 2019
- Bailey Back On Target For Bayer Leverkusen - January 16, 2019
- Jamaica Miss Out On Top 50 To Kick-Off 2019 - December 28, 2018
- Benched Bailey To Assess Next Career Move - December 17, 2018
- Jamaican International Williams Wins Medal - December 10, 2018
- Bolt’s Mexico Footballing Dream Demolished - December 3, 2018
- Bolt Back On The Football Pitch – In London - November 29, 2018
- Turkish Top Team Deny Bolt Interest - November 24, 2018
- Bolt On Track To Join Mexican Football Club? - November 22, 2018
- Mattocks On Target As Boyz Beat Suriname - November 19, 2018