Bolt Could Take Las Vegas Gamble
Jamaican icon could turn to USL to kick-off football career
Usain Bolt, the eight-time Olympic sprint champion, could kick-start his goal to becoming a professional footballer by signing for USL outfit Las Vegas Lights FC.
However, the Jamaican icon’s salary demands are currently beyond the budget of the second-tier side in the United States.
Bolt, heavily linked with turning out for teams in Australia, Germany, Hungary and Turkey, dreams of one day making the line-up for Manchester United – the club he supports – although his first hurdle is joining the professional ranks somewhere.
And even the national team, Jamaica’s Reggae Boyz, have yet to approach the 31-year-old about trials.
Commercially Bolt is a viable additional for many teams, but on the pitch is a different story as he is unproven in his thirties and would be a gamble for clubs such as Las Vegas Lights – a mediocre side struggling in the Western Conference.
“We have an interest in Usain Bolt, why wouldn’t we?” enthused Bretton Lashbrook, the owner of Las Vegas Lights.
“Any coach in any sport who says they wouldn’t like the opportunity to work with the world’s fastest man at his prime, would just be flat out lying to you.
“He’s trained at some of the best clubs in the world. To come play in Division 2 in the United States actually makes all the sense in the world.
“This guy is an absolute specimen of an athlete and we think he could absolutely succeed at the USL level.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Actress With Jamaican Descent Rumoured To Be Next 007 - July 15, 2019
- Italian Job On Offer For Bailey - July 15, 2019
- Jamaica Wannabe On Brink Of English Premier League Contract - July 13, 2019
- Bolt Steps Into Music Arena With Producer Cousin - July 11, 2019
- Nations League Call-Up Is Goal For Flemmings And Lambert - July 10, 2019
- Jamaica’s Gold Cup Glory Hunt Ends - July 4, 2019
- Morrison Joins Sheffield United On Trial - July 2, 2019
- Morrison Ups His Fitness To Stay On Reggae Boyz’ Radar - July 1, 2019
- Supersub Mattocks Makes Panama Pay The Penalty - June 30, 2019
- Reggae Boyz Hold On Against Courageous Curaçao - June 26, 2019