Major General Antony Anderson Appointed Police Commissioner
Major General Antony Anderson will be Jamaica’s next police commissioner.
His appointment will take effect on March 19.
Anderson, who previously served as Chief of Defence Staff for the Jamaica Defence Force (JDF), will assume the position that was vacated by Police Commissioner George Quallo earlier this year.
Deputy Commissioner Clifford Blake has been acting as Commissioner since Quallo left the post at the end of January.
His career in the JDF spans 32 years, six of which he served as Chief of Defence Staff.
In December 2016, Anderson became Jamaica’s first National Security Adviser.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica Represented In IDB Development Work - May 26, 2018
- Reggae Boyz Fall Out Of Top 50 In Latest FIFA Rankings - May 26, 2018
- Sean Paul Announces Death Of His Father - May 25, 2018
- Ananda Alert Issued For Missing St Ann Teen - May 24, 2018
- Street Team Win ‘Clash 13’ Of Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Competition - May 23, 2018
- Ignite IGL Foundation Brings Cheer To Riverton Meadows Early Childhood Centre - May 22, 2018
- Gasoline Retailers Express Concern As Fuel Prices Rise - May 22, 2018
- Security Forces Seize Masks, Firearms In Westmoreland - May 21, 2018
- Gov’t Considers Increasing Ethanol Percentage In Petrol - May 20, 2018
- Bayern Munich Reportedly Make €60 Million Offer For Jamaican Winger Leon Bailey - May 19, 2018