Major General Antony Anderson Appointed Police Commissioner
Major General Antony Anderson will be Jamaica’s next police commissioner.
His appointment will take effect on March 19.
Anderson, who previously served as Chief of Defence Staff for the Jamaica Defence Force (JDF), will assume the position that was vacated by Police Commissioner George Quallo earlier this year.
Deputy Commissioner Clifford Blake has been acting as Commissioner since Quallo left the post at the end of January.
His career in the JDF spans 32 years, six of which he served as Chief of Defence Staff.
In December 2016, Anderson became Jamaica’s first National Security Adviser.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019
- Ruffi Drops Hot New Single “Pressure” - January 28, 2019
- Home With Breathtaking Sea View For Sale In Oracabessa - January 26, 2019
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019