Major General Antony Anderson Appointed Police Commissioner
Major General Antony Anderson will be Jamaica’s next police commissioner.
His appointment will take effect on March 19.
Anderson, who previously served as Chief of Defence Staff for the Jamaica Defence Force (JDF), will assume the position that was vacated by Police Commissioner George Quallo earlier this year.
Deputy Commissioner Clifford Blake has been acting as Commissioner since Quallo left the post at the end of January.
His career in the JDF spans 32 years, six of which he served as Chief of Defence Staff.
In December 2016, Anderson became Jamaica’s first National Security Adviser.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Usain Bolt Scores Superb Header In Borussia Dortmund Kit! - March 21, 2018
- Former England Youth Star Appears Eager To Join Reggae Boyz - March 21, 2018
- Getting De-Inked: Why Jamaicans Are Rethinking Their Tattoos - March 20, 2018
- Jay Z, Beyonce Visit Jamaica - March 20, 2018
- State Of Public Emergency Declared In St. Catherine North Police Division - March 19, 2018
- Plans In Place To Make Port Royal Jamaica’s Next Big Cruise Destination - March 18, 2018
- Jamaican Among Six Killed In Bridge Collapse At Florida University - March 17, 2018
- Police Seize Over 1000 Rounds Of Assorted Ammunition In Cemetery – JCF - March 16, 2018
- Lisa Hanna – “Trump’s Tariffs Could Hurt Jamaica Badly!” - March 15, 2018
- 20 Million Streams On Spotify For Devin Di Dakta - March 15, 2018