Major General Antony Anderson Appointed Police Commissioner
Major General Antony Anderson will be Jamaica’s next police commissioner.
His appointment will take effect on March 19.
Anderson, who previously served as Chief of Defence Staff for the Jamaica Defence Force (JDF), will assume the position that was vacated by Police Commissioner George Quallo earlier this year.
Deputy Commissioner Clifford Blake has been acting as Commissioner since Quallo left the post at the end of January.
His career in the JDF spans 32 years, six of which he served as Chief of Defence Staff.
In December 2016, Anderson became Jamaica’s first National Security Adviser.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Becomes NACAC 100m Champion - July 9, 2019
- Ruffi Scores Big With Hot New Single Holiday (VIDEO) - June 29, 2019
- Reggae Girlz Take On Scotland Today! - May 28, 2019
- Captivating Colombia Takes ‘Mad And Mean’ International Night Finals - May 23, 2019
- Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Pull Off Comfortable 3-1 Win Over Panama - May 20, 2019
- James Bond Star Suffers Injury While Filming In Jamaica - May 15, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Gear Up For ‘Mad and Mean’ Finals - May 10, 2019
- Gayle Returns Home To The Jamaica Tallawahs - May 6, 2019
- Less People Getting Married In Jamaica - April 22, 2019
- Minor Quake Rattles Sections Of Jamaica - April 15, 2019