Is There A Serial Killer Targeting Women In St Catherine?
Yes. I think so. Ariel Lawrence, 17, was found dead in Portmore with 2 bullet wounds to the head.
She was found on George Lee Boulevard in Portmore, St Catherine, shortly after cell phone communication indicated that she had suspicion about a taxi in which she was traveling.
Lawrence had visited a friend in Portmore, after which she boarded a taxi for home. Shortly after 1:00 a.m., her body was found along the roadway.
Police reported that after boarding the taxi, Lawrence sent a message by telephone to a friend, indicating that she had issues in the vehicle.
Police have been warning commuters about a series of abductions being perpetrated by men posing as taxi operators, especially in the Corporate Area and Portmore.
This is the THIRD incident that I have seen this month in the same area, two other women escaped. Earlier this year women were turning up missing or dead after boarding a taxi and no one got arrested. The abduction/killing stopped but started up again. There should be a manhunt or undercover police officers on the route until the killer is caught. When there’s a PATTERN of murder, with the same target – women in this case, it’s oftentimes an indication that the same person is committing the crime.
I would advise Jamaican women to start taking a photo of the license plate and send it to a relative before taking off in a taxi. It might not save every single life before the killer is caught, but eventually he will.
By Natalee Stack
CLICK HERE to check out her Book “Tough Jamaica”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Women’s March Jamaica’s Response To Newborn Found Abandoned In Bushes - November 28, 2018
- Raise Your Hand If You Are Black And Have Experienced Colourism 🖐🤔 - October 28, 2018
- The Measure Of Any Society Is How It Treats Its Women And Girls - October 27, 2018
- We Are Failing Our Children - January 14, 2018
- Is There A Serial Killer Targeting Women In St Catherine? - December 26, 2017
- Enforce Child Sex Abuse Laws In Jamaica! - December 24, 2017
- How I Think NIDS Came Into Being - December 7, 2017
- Import Wisely – Don’t Blame The Customs Officers! - October 13, 2017
- “Machete Mom” Is A Demonstration Of A Larger Problem In Jamaica - October 4, 2017
- What Role Are Women In Jamaica Playing To Help Stem Violence Against Them? - August 23, 2017