Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes
December 11 – The Meteorological Service says a Flash Flood Watch for low-lying and flood-prone areas of Hanover, St. James, Trelawny, St. Ann, St. Mary, Portland, St. Thomas, Kingston and St. Andrew will remain in effect until 5:00 p.m. today.
According to the Meteorological Service, a Stationary Front across Jamaica continues to produce unstable weather conditions across the island. Satellite imagery and radar reports indicate that periods of light to moderate showers have been affecting sections of mostly northern parishes last night into this morning.
The forecast is for cloudy conditions to persist, with periods of showers and possible thunderstorms occurring during the day mainly across northern and southeastern parishes. Flash flooding therefore remains a possibility over some low-lying and flood prone areas of these parishes.
A FLASH FLOOD WATCH means that flash flooding is possible and residents are advised to take precautionary measures, keep informed by listening to further releases from the Meteorological Service and be ready for quick action if flooding is observed or if a Warning is issued.
The Meteorological Service will continue to monitor the situation.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- How To Use The Internet For Additional Earnings - April 26, 2018
- Shaggy Performs At Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Party - April 24, 2018
- Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete - April 22, 2018
- Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica - April 21, 2018
- Canadian Politician Sparks Outrage With Remarks About Jamaicans, Later Apologises - April 20, 2018
- Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds - April 19, 2018
- Counterfeit Goods Valuing Over $100 Million Seized, Two Chinese Nationals Arrested - April 18, 2018
- Jamaicans Among Thousands From Caribbean To See Their Status Legalised In The UK - April 17, 2018
- Murders Down By Nearly 80 Percent In St James Under State Of Emergency - April 16, 2018
- 27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games - April 15, 2018