Thompson Victorious In 100m Final At Brussels Diamond League
Jamaica’s double Olympic sprint champion Elaine Thompson today earned another Diamond League Trophy after crossing the finish line in first place in the women’s 100m event at the Brussels Diamond League meet.
Thompson clocked 10.92 to take gold ahead of Marie-Josee Ta Lou of Cote d’Ivoire, who clocked 10.93. Nigeria’s Blessing Okagbare-Ighoteguonor was third in 11.07.
And for her victory, Thompson also receives US$50,000 in prize money.
Thompson also won the women’s 100m event at the Birmingham leg of the Diamond League series last week Sunday. In that race Thompson clocked 10.93 into a 1.2 m/s headwind.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Andre Blake, Kemar Lawrence, Theodore Whitmore Shortlisted For CONCACAF Awards - November 23, 2017
- Starbucks Opens First Store In Jamaica - November 21, 2017
- BREAKING: Ninja Man, Co-accused Found Guilty Of Murder - November 20, 2017
- Woman, Daughter Killed In St James - November 20, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Fifth Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - November 20, 2017
- Atkinson Maintains Unbeaten Streak In 50m Breaststroke As FINA Swimming Short Course World Cup Concludes - November 19, 2017
- Jamaica’s Solange Sinclair Makes Miss World Top 10 - November 18, 2017
- The Impact of Reggae on Worldwide Culture - November 17, 2017
- American Man Detained After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Minor At Resort In Jamaica - November 16, 2017
- Firearms Seized At Sangster International Airport, Two US Nationals Charged – JCF - November 15, 2017