Elaine Thompson Finishes 2nd In Women’s 200m At Zurich Diamond League
Jamaica’s Elaine Thompson finished second in the final of the women’s 200m event at the Zurich Diamond League today.
Thompson clocked 22.00 seconds to cross the line behind Shaunae Miller-Uibo of the Bahamas who clocked a national record of 21.88 for the win.
Dafne Schippers of the Netherlands was third with a time of 21.98.
Thompson earns $20,000 for her second place finish. The top three finishers earn $50,000 (Gold), $20,000 (Silver) and $10,000 for Bronze.
In other races on the day, Britain’s CJ Ujah bested a competitive field in the men’s 100m, clocking 9.97 to earn a photo finish win over the Ivorian athlete Ibrahim Meitre.
The American athlete and current world champion – Justin Gatlin was fourth in 10.04. Jamaica’s Asafa Powell finished 7th in that race with a time of 10.11.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018
- Victim In Florida Mass Shooting Reportedly Has Jamaican Roots (Updated) - February 16, 2018