Elaine Thompson Finishes 2nd In Women’s 200m At Zurich Diamond League
Jamaica’s Elaine Thompson finished second in the final of the women’s 200m event at the Zurich Diamond League today.
Thompson clocked 22.00 seconds to cross the line behind Shaunae Miller-Uibo of the Bahamas who clocked a national record of 21.88 for the win.
Dafne Schippers of the Netherlands was third with a time of 21.98.
Thompson earns $20,000 for her second place finish. The top three finishers earn $50,000 (Gold), $20,000 (Silver) and $10,000 for Bronze.
In other races on the day, Britain’s CJ Ujah bested a competitive field in the men’s 100m, clocking 9.97 to earn a photo finish win over the Ivorian athlete Ibrahim Meitre.
The American athlete and current world champion – Justin Gatlin was fourth in 10.04. Jamaica’s Asafa Powell finished 7th in that race with a time of 10.11.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018
- Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce Is Back On Track At The JN Racers Grand Prix Live On 1spotmedia Pay- Per- View - June 8, 2018