Elaine Thompson Finishes 2nd In Women’s 200m At Zurich Diamond League
Jamaica’s Elaine Thompson finished second in the final of the women’s 200m event at the Zurich Diamond League today.
Thompson clocked 22.00 seconds to cross the line behind Shaunae Miller-Uibo of the Bahamas who clocked a national record of 21.88 for the win.
Dafne Schippers of the Netherlands was third with a time of 21.98.
Thompson earns $20,000 for her second place finish. The top three finishers earn $50,000 (Gold), $20,000 (Silver) and $10,000 for Bronze.
In other races on the day, Britain’s CJ Ujah bested a competitive field in the men’s 100m, clocking 9.97 to earn a photo finish win over the Ivorian athlete Ibrahim Meitre.
The American athlete and current world champion – Justin Gatlin was fourth in 10.04. Jamaica’s Asafa Powell finished 7th in that race with a time of 10.11.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Weather – More Rain On The Horizon For Jamaica - November 24, 2017
- Andre Blake, Kemar Lawrence, Theodore Whitmore Shortlisted For CONCACAF Awards - November 23, 2017
- Starbucks Opens First Store In Jamaica - November 21, 2017
- BREAKING: Ninja Man, Co-accused Found Guilty Of Murder - November 20, 2017
- Woman, Daughter Killed In St James - November 20, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Fifth Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - November 20, 2017
- Atkinson Maintains Unbeaten Streak In 50m Breaststroke As FINA Swimming Short Course World Cup Concludes - November 19, 2017
- Jamaica’s Solange Sinclair Makes Miss World Top 10 - November 18, 2017
- The Impact of Reggae on Worldwide Culture - November 17, 2017
- American Man Detained After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Minor At Resort In Jamaica - November 16, 2017