Top Ten Reasons Why Jamaica is the Best Place for a Destination Wedding
Sweet Sweet Jamaica!
Jamaica, a small island located in the West Central Caribbean, attracts millions of visitors yearly.
They come for parties, anniversaries, vacations, and weddings. There are dozens of reasons why Jamaica is the best place for destination weddings, but here are the Top 10.
1. The food: Jerk chicken, curry goat, ackee and saltfish, coconuts, mangoes, great vegan dishes, and so much more. Jamaica is known worldwide for great food, with great flavor. Jamaican food is appeasing both to the eyes, and to the taste buds. Having your destination wedding in Jamaica, will mean you and your guests get to taste pieces of the country that you will never forget.
2. The weather: What better place to have your wedding than a country that has a consistently tropical warm weather all year round! Beautiful beaches and a warm yellow sun will always provide the perfect environment and backdrop for your wedding, and you will feel a whole lot more comfortable when having your wedding outdoors.
3. The culture: Jamaica’s culture is rich! Real rich! The music, the dress, the food, the people all come together into one big melting pot of diversity and uniqueness. The Jamaican culture never fails to entertain, and you will not find yourself short of fun, adventure, and island love.
4. Beautiful beaches: Do you want to have your wedding walking down the sands? Then Jamaica is perfect for you as you will have a wide variety of beaches to choose from. From coast to coast, parish to parish, you will find beautiful sandy beaches just waiting to be explored.
5. A wide assortment of flora and fauna: What better decorations for your weddings than beautifully coloured flowers, birds, trees, and butterflies? The home of the Doctor bird, and Lignum Vitae, Jamaica has a lot to offer in this department. Celebrate your wedding surrounded by paradise beauty!
6. A lot of All-Inclusive Resorts: Jamaica is an all-time favourite tourist destination, and as such the country has a wide variety of resorts to choose from. Choose based on your comfort, style, and your budget!
7. The best wedding planners: Your destination wedding will not be as perfect without top-of-the-line wedding planners. Jamaica is home to some of the best wedding planners in the world, catering to weddings of all different cultures and styles. Last year, Jennifer Borgh of Borghinvilla, even had a weed wedding! These planners know exactly how to turn your dreams into reality.
8. Shopping: Souvenirs for your friends, families, and acquaintances. Jamaica is filled with shops that sell a wide variety of shirts, accessories, and jewelries all labeled with brand Jamaica!
9. The people: Jamaican people are filled with flavor, just like their music, food, and culture. They are filled with “vybz” and laughter, and will help to give you the perfect Jamaican experience. Try hiring some Jamaican vendors at your wedding!
10. It is easy to get married: All that is required is for the couple to have been on the island for 24 hours (as long as the marriage license application has already been submitted). There are NO blood tests needed.
Bonus: From many USA and Canadian destinations, there are direct flights that only takes a few hours.
By Naggai Powell
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Food Security A Top Priority For Jamaica - February 22, 2018
- Critical Discourse On Education – A Principal’s Perspective - February 17, 2018
- Jamaica – Amazing Pregnant Paradise Waiting To Deliver - February 4, 2018
- Soldiers Roaming the Streets - January 27, 2018
- Andrew Holness Security and Political Coup – A Stroke of Genius - January 25, 2018
- Jamaica Resting Perilously On Sinking Sandz - January 15, 2018
- ON YAH BIKE! - December 29, 2017
- Opinion: Jamaica Betrayed Israel With Abstention From Jerusalem Vote - December 28, 2017
- Jamaican Reggae & Dancehall Artistes Pricing Themselves Out Of Work - November 19, 2017
- National Identification System– A Sellout By the JLP Government - November 17, 2017