Ex-Jamaica Pro May Have A Shot At World No.1 Murray
Wimbledon’s Centre Court beckons for Brown
Dustin Brown, the former Jamaica tennis pro who has represented Germany on the ATP Tour (his country of birth) since 2010, could be back on Wimbledon’s Centre Court next week.
The 32-year-old is scheduled to face the winner of Andy Murray or either a Qualifier/Lucky Loser in the 2nd Round at the All England Club if Brown overcomes his initial opponent next week.
Brown, who shot to fame after stunning Spanish star Rafael Nadal on the hallowed turf of SW19 three years ago. has been drawn against Portugal’s world no.36 Joao Sousa in the opening round at the Wimbledon Championships. The reward for the victor could be a contest against out-of-form Murray, the British no.1 and defending champion, which would undoubtedly be played on Centre Court and raise Brown’s profile.
And the winner of the 2nd Round may find big-hitting Fabio Fognini their next opponent, definitely a player that Scottish star Murray would wish to avoid having suffered a stunning defeat to the Italian at this year’s Rome Masters.
Brown is a showman through and through, renowned on the circuit for his trick shots and flashy yet aggressive playing style that propelled him to a career-high world ranking of no.64 last year.
He represented Jamaica from 2002 until switching his allegiance to Germany, where he resides, and last year played for Germany in the Olympics at tennis.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Bolt’s Goal Remains To Be A Top-Class Footballer - October 24, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Monitored By Barcelona - October 16, 2017
- Reggae Boyz Fall Flat With Feeble Friendly Defeat In Canada - September 3, 2017
- Reggae Boyz Win Island Bragging Rights Over Bitter Rivals - August 29, 2017
- Late, Late Show Ends Jamaica’s Gold Cup Dream - July 27, 2017
- Rare Lawrence Strike Fires Jamaica Into Gold Cup Final - July 24, 2017
- Gold Cup Dream Continues for Jamaica - July 21, 2017
- Mattocks On Target To Help Jamaica Reach Gold Cup Quarter-finals - July 17, 2017
- Jamaica Snatch Precious Gold Cup Point Against Mexico - July 14, 2017
- Reggae Boyz Face Friendly Against Canada - July 12, 2017