Captain Morgan Could Leave Leicester For Promoted Geordies
Veteran Jamaican defender linked with Newcastle
Wes Morgan, the former Jamaica skipper, could be on the verge of a more lucrative deal if the Leicester City defender moves to Premier League (PL) newcomers Newcastle United.
Craig Shakespeare, the interim Leicester Manager, today claimed that none of the players have requested leaving the club at the end of the season.
Yet Morgan, who signed a new contact last summer keeping him at the club until 2019, is a wanted man by Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez. Newcastle, who bounced straight back into the PL after being relegated, are eager to snap up the burly defender with a long-term deal and a significant pay increase.
Morgan, who played a major role in helping Jamaica reach their first ever Gold Cup final two years, captained Leicester to their shock PL title last season.
Even though Morgan has spent most of his career outside the top flight, he amazed even himself by playing every minute of Leicester’s fairytale PL season and was responsible for keeping his teammates focused on rewriting the history book.
This term he has suffered from injuries and made unchacteristic errors early in the campaign, yet remained a firm favourite amongst the fans.
His loss at the back would be a shock to supporters, although rising centre back Harry Maguire – who tasted PL relegation with Hull City on Sunday – is mooted as a potential replacement.
Furthermore, financial security and first-team opportunities under Benitez could prove tempting for Morgan as Leicester have yet to make a decision about whether to make Shakespeare’s role permanent or to bring in a new manager next term to challenge for a Champions League place.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Captain Morgan Could Leave Leicester For Promoted Geordies - May 17, 2017
- Wes Morgan Becomes First Jamaican International to Score a Champions League Goal - March 14, 2017
- Honduras 0 Jamaica 1 – Whitmore’s Sprinkling of Locals Stun Honduras - February 17, 2017
- Whitmore’s Troops Prepare for Battle in Texas - February 15, 2017
- Ex-Jamaica Skipper Speaks Out Over Dilemma for English Champions - February 13, 2017
- USA Break Down Resilient Reggae Boyz - February 4, 2017
- Whitmore Hand Locals a chance with Friendlies in USA - February 2, 2017
- Jamaican Wonderkid signs for German Giants! - January 30, 2017
- Jamaica Favourites to Retain Caribbean Cup in Martinique - January 25, 2017
- Clubs Clamber for Jamaican Teenager - January 25, 2017