Jamaican Man Slain By Cops in Cayman in ‘first fatal police shooting since 1980’s’
On Friday (January 6), a Jamaican man who was being sought by police in the Cayman islands was shot dead in George Town, in the Cayman Islands.
He has been identified as 34-year-old Norval Barrett and according to the Royal Cayman Islands Police Service, he is the first person to die in a police officer-involved shooting in Cayman since at least the 1980’s.
Barrett was reportedly the subject of a search warrant being served in the Windsor Park area of George Town, Cayman.
A report by the Cayman Compass states:
“According to police accounts of the incident, the suspect exited the door of a residence on Theresa Drive with a firearm. Mr. Byrne [Cayman’s Police Commissioner] said two RCIPS armed officers fired “a number of shots” and injured the suspect.
Barrett was transported to hospital and pronounced dead at 6:16 a.m. Friday, police said.”
Barrett was reportedly in the Cayman islands illegally.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: email@example.com
- Popcaan & Gorillaz Track Racks Up Nearly 10 Million Views in 3 Days on YouTube - March 26, 2017
- Jamaica Ranked 12th in List of Top Travel Destinations Globally, 1st in Caribbean - March 25, 2017
- BREAKING: 3 Business Operators Killed in Hanover - March 25, 2017
- Dutch Football Great Van Nistelrooy Visits Jamaica, Bigs Up Bolt (VIDEO) - March 25, 2017
- Elderly Business Woman Reportedly Chopped to Death in St Andrew - March 24, 2017
- Police Officer Dies After Car Runs Into Parked Truck - March 24, 2017
- Hundreds of Travelers Denied Entry into Jamaica - March 24, 2017
- Trump Inauguration Performer Heading to Jamaica For Easter - March 24, 2017
- Prominent Houston Surgeon of Jamaican Parentage Killed in Murder-Suicide (VIDEO) - March 23, 2017
- Opposition Storms Out of Parliament - March 23, 2017