Jamaican Man Slain By Cops in Cayman in ‘first fatal police shooting since 1980’s’
On Friday (January 6), a Jamaican man who was being sought by police in the Cayman islands was shot dead in George Town, in the Cayman Islands.
He has been identified as 34-year-old Norval Barrett and according to the Royal Cayman Islands Police Service, he is the first person to die in a police officer-involved shooting in Cayman since at least the 1980’s.
Barrett was reportedly the subject of a search warrant being served in the Windsor Park area of George Town, Cayman.
A report by the Cayman Compass states:
“According to police accounts of the incident, the suspect exited the door of a residence on Theresa Drive with a firearm. Mr. Byrne [Cayman’s Police Commissioner] said two RCIPS armed officers fired “a number of shots” and injured the suspect.
Barrett was transported to hospital and pronounced dead at 6:16 a.m. Friday, police said.”
Barrett was reportedly in the Cayman islands illegally.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018
- Victim In Florida Mass Shooting Reportedly Has Jamaican Roots (Updated) - February 16, 2018