Jamaican Man Slain By Cops in Cayman in ‘first fatal police shooting since 1980’s’
On Friday (January 6), a Jamaican man who was being sought by police in the Cayman islands was shot dead in George Town, in the Cayman Islands.
He has been identified as 34-year-old Norval Barrett and according to the Royal Cayman Islands Police Service, he is the first person to die in a police officer-involved shooting in Cayman since at least the 1980’s.
Barrett was reportedly the subject of a search warrant being served in the Windsor Park area of George Town, Cayman.
A report by the Cayman Compass states:
“According to police accounts of the incident, the suspect exited the door of a residence on Theresa Drive with a firearm. Mr. Byrne [Cayman’s Police Commissioner] said two RCIPS armed officers fired “a number of shots” and injured the suspect.
Barrett was transported to hospital and pronounced dead at 6:16 a.m. Friday, police said.”
Barrett was reportedly in the Cayman islands illegally.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Bolt Gets Shooting Advice From Arsenal Legend Robert Pirès - June 22, 2018
- Jamaican Film”Sprinter” Wins Big At American Black Film Festival - June 21, 2018
- Curfew For Sections of Annotto Bay, St Mary – JCF - June 20, 2018
- Rising US Rapper With Jamaican Roots Killed In Florida - June 19, 2018
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018