Are All Police Officers in Jamaica Taught First Aid?
I have serious questions this morning, after recently watching a video of an accident that took place in Jamaica.
Are all police officers in Jamaica properly trained to handle emergency situations, and how many ambulances are there in the country?
In the video I saw three seemingly unresponsive or dead persons and another gasping for breath, while there were about three police officers walking around, and apparently, not one of them attempted CPR or anything else to assist the person who appeared conscious.
I do not know if the person made it, and I am deeply saddened to know that in 2016, the age when technology is so advanced, that as a country Jamaica seems to be way behind.
The laws governing all the careless driving on the streets need to be enforced. It seems that there are two things which are ending lives prematurely in Jamaica these days, bullets, and careless driving.
Quite honestly mister Prime Minister speaking Spanish is the least of Jamaica’s problems right now, there are OTHER CRITICAL issues which need to be addressed.
Proper first aid entails providing assistance to any person suffering a sudden illness or injury,with care provided to preserve life, prevent the condition from worsening, and/or promote recovery.
It includes initial intervention in a serious condition prior to professional medical help being available, such as performing CPR while awaiting an ambulance, as well as the complete treatment of minor conditions, such as applying a plaster to a cut.
We cannot talk about expanding the police force or giving them more vehicles when some of them apparently do not know or care to perform CPR.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: email@example.com>
- What Kind of Women Do Our Young Black Girls Emulate? - March 4, 2017
- Is Organ Harvesting in Jamaica Really that Far-fetched? - February 10, 2017
- Dear Women of Jamaica - February 7, 2017
- Attending Church Does Not Guarantee a Ticket to Heaven! - January 8, 2017
- My Tribute to the Honourable Portia Simpson Miller - December 12, 2016
- Viva Fidel Castro and Michael Manley! - November 27, 2016
- Jamaican Woman Fears the US is Taking Backward Steps With Racial Equality - November 17, 2016
- Justice For the Poor in Jamaica is a Farce - October 25, 2016
- I am Truly Heartbroken By the Behaviour of Some Jamaicans - June 22, 2016
- Are All Police Officers in Jamaica Taught First Aid? - June 11, 2016