1. Pit inna de sky, it fall inna yuh y’eye.
Be careful of your actions close to home.
2. Wah sweet a mout’ hat a belly.
Not all things are good every time.
3. Big blanket mek man sleep late.
When you are comfortable you will be late for appointment.
4. Chicken merry, hawk deh near.
Be careful when you are too happy, problems are closing in.
5. Good chat make people late.
Good conversation will cause delay.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles please send us an EMAIL at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- The Recorder, An Excellent Musical Instrument! - July 2, 2015
- Jamaican Proverbs - May 29, 2015
- Jamaica’s National Book List will do more Harm than Good for our Students - September 14, 2014
- Why should Music be taught in High Schools? - June 27, 2014
- Jamaican Proverbs - June 10, 2014
- How to Get Our Students to Be Interested in School? - April 23, 2014
- Jamaican Proverbs - April 22, 2014
- Jamaican Proverbs/Sayings - January 25, 2014
- Jamaican Proverbs - January 2, 2014
- The Importance of Giving Students Study Guides - December 31, 2013