Homophobic Lyrics continue to hurt Jamaican Entertainers
Jamaican entertainers have failed to capitalize on numerous opportunities in the past due to their continued use of homophobic lyrics in their songs and performances.
Though the practice has decreased in recent times, some are still feeling the consequences for the use of anti gay lyrics. The most recent victim is none other than Sizzla Kalonji.
The popular entertainer was recently removed from a show in the Netherlands after the promoters of the event discovered he had used homophobic lyrics during his performance at the recently concluded Sting concert.
As a result he will not be a part of the heavily publicized Melkweg festival on March 16 in Amsterdam.
There have been no comments from Sizzla since his removal from the festival.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- Reggae Singer Etana Falls Unconscious, Hospitalised - February 26, 2015
- Marijuana Decriminalised in Jamaica - February 25, 2015
- Beauty and The Priest - February 25, 2015
- J’can Born Man and Wife Get 15 Year Prison Sentence in the US - February 24, 2015
- 13-Yr-Old Girl Gets Bitten by Crocodile in St. Elizabeth - February 24, 2015
- Jamaica’s Chris Gayle Smashes World Cup’s First Ever Double Century! (Video) - February 24, 2015
- South Florida Woman gets 5 Year Prison Sentence for Taking Jamaican Lottery Scam Money - February 23, 2015
- 36-yr-old Woman Collapses and Dies at Corporate Run - February 22, 2015
- 5 Public Health Institutions to be Upgraded in Jamaica - February 22, 2015
- Westmoreland Businessman Gets Life Sentence for Murder of 14-yr-old Schoolgirl - February 19, 2015