Homophobic Lyrics continue to hurt Jamaican Entertainers
Jamaican entertainers have failed to capitalize on numerous opportunities in the past due to their continued use of homophobic lyrics in their songs and performances.
Though the practice has decreased in recent times, some are still feeling the consequences for the use of anti gay lyrics. The most recent victim is none other than Sizzla Kalonji.
The popular entertainer was recently removed from a show in the Netherlands after the promoters of the event discovered he had used homophobic lyrics during his performance at the recently concluded Sting concert.
As a result he will not be a part of the heavily publicized Melkweg festival on March 16 in Amsterdam.
There have been no comments from Sizzla since his removal from the festival.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- “She Sang in a Jamaican Accent” – Trinidadian’s Facebook Post About Nicki Minaj Goes Viral! - September 2, 2015
- Jamaica’s Squad For World Cup Qualifier Against Nicaragua Named - September 2, 2015
- One of The Most Successful Actresses You Might Not Have Known Was Jamaican (Video) - September 1, 2015
- Reggae Boy Michael Hector Signs 5 Yr Contract With Premier League Champions Chelsea F.C. - September 1, 2015
- JFF Boss Wants Usain Bolt to Be Awarded Order of Merit - September 1, 2015
- Well Over Two Thousand Jamaicans Locked Up Overseas - September 1, 2015
- Alvas Powell Rejoins Reggae Boyz For WC Qualifying Game Against Nicaragua - August 31, 2015
- Canadian Teenager Shot Dead in Kingston - August 31, 2015
- Jamaica’s Women Win Gold in 4x400m, Men Narrowly Miss Bronze at World Champs - August 30, 2015
- Meet Miss Universe Jamaica 2015 (Video) - August 30, 2015