Homophobic Lyrics continue to hurt Jamaican Entertainers
Jamaican entertainers have failed to capitalize on numerous opportunities in the past due to their continued use of homophobic lyrics in their songs and performances.
Though the practice has decreased in recent times, some are still feeling the consequences for the use of anti gay lyrics. The most recent victim is none other than Sizzla Kalonji.
The popular entertainer was recently removed from a show in the Netherlands after the promoters of the event discovered he had used homophobic lyrics during his performance at the recently concluded Sting concert.
As a result he will not be a part of the heavily publicized Melkweg festival on March 16 in Amsterdam.
There have been no comments from Sizzla since his removal from the festival.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- Jamaican-Born Orphan Now Gearing Up to Represent Australia at World Championships (Video) - July 30, 2015
- Jamaican Film Maker and Writer Nominated for 2 African Oscar Awards! - July 29, 2015
- Three Jamaicans Named in Gold Cup Team of the Tournament - July 29, 2015
- Vybz Kartel’s Home in Havendale Destroyed (Video) - July 29, 2015
- Gays Protest in Montego Bay Ahead of Upcoming LGBT Pride Celebrations - July 28, 2015
- American Athlete Seemingly Worried About Failing Drug Test After Trip to Jamaica - July 28, 2015
- Oliver Samuels to Serve Divorce Papers in South Florida! (Video) - July 27, 2015
- “Jamaica is Not a Team The US Should Be Losing To” Says Analyst After Defeat to Reggae Boyz (Video) - July 25, 2015
- How Well Do You Know Jamaica? Identify this Place - July 25, 2015
- Jah Cure – No. 1 on Reggae Billboard With Album “The Cure” - July 24, 2015