Homophobic Lyrics continue to hurt Jamaican Entertainers
Jamaican entertainers have failed to capitalize on numerous opportunities in the past due to their continued use of homophobic lyrics in their songs and performances.
Though the practice has decreased in recent times, some are still feeling the consequences for the use of anti gay lyrics. The most recent victim is none other than Sizzla Kalonji.
The popular entertainer was recently removed from a show in the Netherlands after the promoters of the event discovered he had used homophobic lyrics during his performance at the recently concluded Sting concert.
As a result he will not be a part of the heavily publicized Melkweg festival on March 16 in Amsterdam.
There have been no comments from Sizzla since his removal from the festival.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Toddler Goes Missing In Westmoreland - February 25, 2018
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018