Homophobic Lyrics continue to hurt Jamaican Entertainers
Jamaican entertainers have failed to capitalize on numerous opportunities in the past due to their continued use of homophobic lyrics in their songs and performances.
Though the practice has decreased in recent times, some are still feeling the consequences for the use of anti gay lyrics. The most recent victim is none other than Sizzla Kalonji.
The popular entertainer was recently removed from a show in the Netherlands after the promoters of the event discovered he had used homophobic lyrics during his performance at the recently concluded Sting concert.
As a result he will not be a part of the heavily publicized Melkweg festival on March 16 in Amsterdam.
There have been no comments from Sizzla since his removal from the festival.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Category 5 Hurricane Maria Leaves “Widespread Devastation” In Dominica, Continues To Rip Through Caribbean - September 19, 2017
- Minor Earthquake Rattles Several Parishes - September 18, 2017
- Hurricane Maria Approaches Caribbean, Expected To Strengthen Rapidly - September 18, 2017
- Thousands Of Jamaicans Among ‘Dreamers’ In The US - September 17, 2017
- New JFF Boss Elected - September 17, 2017
- World’s Oldest Person – Jamaica’s Violet Moss-Brown Dies At 117 - September 16, 2017
- Jamaican Banana/Plantain Farmers Achieve GlobalG.A.P. Certification - September 15, 2017
- More Reggae Boyz To Ply Trade In Europe - September 15, 2017
- Doctor Found Dead At Her Home In Kingston - September 14, 2017
- Some Coins To Be Removed From Circulation In Jamaica - September 14, 2017