Homophobic Lyrics continue to hurt Jamaican Entertainers
Jamaican entertainers have failed to capitalize on numerous opportunities in the past due to their continued use of homophobic lyrics in their songs and performances.
Though the practice has decreased in recent times, some are still feeling the consequences for the use of anti gay lyrics. The most recent victim is none other than Sizzla Kalonji.
The popular entertainer was recently removed from a show in the Netherlands after the promoters of the event discovered he had used homophobic lyrics during his performance at the recently concluded Sting concert.
As a result he will not be a part of the heavily publicized Melkweg festival on March 16 in Amsterdam.
There have been no comments from Sizzla since his removal from the festival.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- Women Jailed in Russia After Dancing to Aidonia Song Near WWII Monument - April 27, 2015
- Jamaican Student Leaves High School With Associates Degree in Biochemistry Before Heading to Stanford - April 27, 2015
- 34 Per Cent of Jamaican Adults Have No Bank Account - April 26, 2015
- Jamaican Life – Church Time! - April 26, 2015
- Jamaican Passport Among the Least Valuable in the Caribbean - April 25, 2015
- Decomposing Body of 12-Yr-Old Girl Found in Bushes - April 25, 2015
- Shaggy Makes History on The Tonight Show with “Shaggy Off” (Video) - April 24, 2015
- Bolt Blasts Tyson Gay, Says He Should Have Received Lifetime Ban - April 24, 2015
- Police Seek Jamaican Man After Gay Teen is Brutally Murdered in St Lucia - April 23, 2015
- Government Could Get Millions from Dormant Bank Accounts - April 23, 2015