Homophobic Lyrics continue to hurt Jamaican Entertainers
Jamaican entertainers have failed to capitalize on numerous opportunities in the past due to their continued use of homophobic lyrics in their songs and performances.
Though the practice has decreased in recent times, some are still feeling the consequences for the use of anti gay lyrics. The most recent victim is none other than Sizzla Kalonji.
The popular entertainer was recently removed from a show in the Netherlands after the promoters of the event discovered he had used homophobic lyrics during his performance at the recently concluded Sting concert.
As a result he will not be a part of the heavily publicized Melkweg festival on March 16 in Amsterdam.
There have been no comments from Sizzla since his removal from the festival.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- 3 Jamaicans Included in All-Star U19 team For 2015 Copa Rayados - November 24, 2015
- Entertainer J Capri in Dire Need of Blood Following Car Accident - November 24, 2015
- Bolt and South African Telecom Provider Unite to Create “BOLTSPEED” (Video) - November 23, 2015
- Under 17 Reggae Girlz Earn Caribbean Football Union Title - November 23, 2015
- Police Hunt Caribbean Bombmaker in France Attacks - November 19, 2015
- Jamaican Man Kills Twin Babies, Girlfriend’s Father Then Himself - November 18, 2015
- Body of Missing St Ann Boy Found in Gully - November 17, 2015
- Prime Minister Condemns Acts of Terror in France - November 14, 2015
- Man Who Allegedly Committed Rape in Viral Online Video Now in Police Custody - November 13, 2015
- Former Health Minister Seriously ill, To Have Emergency Brain Surgery - November 13, 2015