Homophobic Lyrics continue to hurt Jamaican Entertainers
Jamaican entertainers have failed to capitalize on numerous opportunities in the past due to their continued use of homophobic lyrics in their songs and performances.
Though the practice has decreased in recent times, some are still feeling the consequences for the use of anti gay lyrics. The most recent victim is none other than Sizzla Kalonji.
The popular entertainer was recently removed from a show in the Netherlands after the promoters of the event discovered he had used homophobic lyrics during his performance at the recently concluded Sting concert.
As a result he will not be a part of the heavily publicized Melkweg festival on March 16 in Amsterdam.
There have been no comments from Sizzla since his removal from the festival.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- 8 Yr-Old Primary School Dies While Waiting For Heart Transplant - February 5, 2016
- Hector Lewis – The Roots Percussionist - February 5, 2016
- “I choose not to be in the media” Says Shauna Chin - February 4, 2016
- Two Children and Mother Die From Suspected Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - February 4, 2016
- Gruesome Triple Murder in St James - February 3, 2016
- Video: Horror in the Caribbean Sky! Plane Has Engine Trouble After Departing Nassau - February 2, 2016
- 101 From Only 48 Balls! Gayle Smashes Magnificent Century in Guyana - February 2, 2016
- Friends Born Female But Living As Men Reveal Their Identities in Jamaica (Video) - February 2, 2016
- Minister Marion Hall Scores String of Gospel Gigs in the US - February 2, 2016
- “Ladies Juss Gi Bun!” – Popular Female Dancehall Artiste Encourages Women to Cheat (Video) - February 1, 2016