Homophobic Lyrics continue to hurt Jamaican Entertainers
Jamaican entertainers have failed to capitalize on numerous opportunities in the past due to their continued use of homophobic lyrics in their songs and performances.
Though the practice has decreased in recent times, some are still feeling the consequences for the use of anti gay lyrics. The most recent victim is none other than Sizzla Kalonji.
The popular entertainer was recently removed from a show in the Netherlands after the promoters of the event discovered he had used homophobic lyrics during his performance at the recently concluded Sting concert.
As a result he will not be a part of the heavily publicized Melkweg festival on March 16 in Amsterdam.
There have been no comments from Sizzla since his removal from the festival.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Armed Men Wearing Masks Storm Police Station in Clarendon - April 23, 2017
- Blake Upset After Men’s 4×100 Mishap at World Relays - April 23, 2017
- Soldier Suspected of Killing His Father Arrested - April 23, 2017
- Canadian Company Gets Licences to Mine For Gold, Copper in St Catherine - April 22, 2017
- Reggae Boyz to Face Peru in Friendly International - April 22, 2017
- Sports Minister Saddened by Passing of Germaine Mason - April 21, 2017
- 4 Life Sentences For Momymusk Killer - April 21, 2017
- Jamaica Records Highest Easter Weekend Road Fatalities Since 2008 – NRSC - April 20, 2017
- 30 Medals for Jamaica at Carifta Swimming Championships - April 20, 2017
- BREAKING: Jamaican High Jumper Germaine Mason Dies in Motorcycle Crash - April 20, 2017