Homophobic Lyrics continue to hurt Jamaican Entertainers
Jamaican entertainers have failed to capitalize on numerous opportunities in the past due to their continued use of homophobic lyrics in their songs and performances.
Though the practice has decreased in recent times, some are still feeling the consequences for the use of anti gay lyrics. The most recent victim is none other than Sizzla Kalonji.
The popular entertainer was recently removed from a show in the Netherlands after the promoters of the event discovered he had used homophobic lyrics during his performance at the recently concluded Sting concert.
As a result he will not be a part of the heavily publicized Melkweg festival on March 16 in Amsterdam.
There have been no comments from Sizzla since his removal from the festival.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- Did Usain Bolt Just Switch His Allegiance to Arsenal? (Video) - October 8, 2015
- Elderly US Man Commits Suicide After Falling Victim to Jamaican Lottery Scam - October 8, 2015
- Jamaican Online Sensation Beats Usain Bolt in a Race! (Video) - October 7, 2015
- Bolt to Make Appearance on The Ellen Degeneres Show - October 7, 2015
- Religious Discrimination at St Hilda’s? - October 6, 2015
- 19-Yr-Old Girl Dies After Being Struck By Lightning in St Thomas - October 6, 2015
- “I have been betrayed by my country Jamaica” Says Steve Mullings - October 5, 2015
- Jamaican Movie-Goers Spend Over 3/4 Billion at Cinemas in 1 Year Period - October 5, 2015
- Lady Saw Wants to Acquire Building to Help Homeless Persons in Downtown Kingston - October 4, 2015
- Jamaican Boxer Shocks Argentine Champion (Video) - October 4, 2015