Homophobic Lyrics continue to hurt Jamaican Entertainers
Jamaican entertainers have failed to capitalize on numerous opportunities in the past due to their continued use of homophobic lyrics in their songs and performances.
Though the practice has decreased in recent times, some are still feeling the consequences for the use of anti gay lyrics. The most recent victim is none other than Sizzla Kalonji.
The popular entertainer was recently removed from a show in the Netherlands after the promoters of the event discovered he had used homophobic lyrics during his performance at the recently concluded Sting concert.
As a result he will not be a part of the heavily publicized Melkweg festival on March 16 in Amsterdam.
There have been no comments from Sizzla since his removal from the festival.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- 12-yr-old boy Fatally Stabbed at Barrett Town All Age - March 31, 2015
- Dangerous Practice! Meat from Riverton Dump Being Sold Downtown - March 30, 2015
- Family of Six Homeless after Fire on Oliver Road - March 30, 2015
- This Vegetable Served Across Jamaica Shows Great Promise at Fighting Cancer! - March 29, 2015
- Sizzla Arrested After Using Expletives at Police Station - March 29, 2015
- Jamaican is Teacher of the Year in Florida - March 29, 2015
- Mavado Claims He Was Treated Like a Bum at New York Restaurant Because He is Black - March 28, 2015
- Jamaican-born Athlete Dies in Swimming Accident in St Kitts - March 28, 2015
- Raheem Sterling Rejects Deal Worth $17 Million Per Week - March 28, 2015
- Prime Minister Scolds Gay-Rights Protestors During Address in New York - March 27, 2015