Homophobic Lyrics continue to hurt Jamaican Entertainers
Jamaican entertainers have failed to capitalize on numerous opportunities in the past due to their continued use of homophobic lyrics in their songs and performances.
Though the practice has decreased in recent times, some are still feeling the consequences for the use of anti gay lyrics. The most recent victim is none other than Sizzla Kalonji.
The popular entertainer was recently removed from a show in the Netherlands after the promoters of the event discovered he had used homophobic lyrics during his performance at the recently concluded Sting concert.
As a result he will not be a part of the heavily publicized Melkweg festival on March 16 in Amsterdam.
There have been no comments from Sizzla since his removal from the festival.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- Alleged US Child Molester Arrested After Being Identified At Jamaican Airport - May 30, 2015
- Toying With Evil? Education Ministry Bans Game that Many Believe Summons Demon (Video) - May 29, 2015
- Jamaican Scientist Offered Over $11 Billion For Cancer Research Patent - May 28, 2015
- Jamaica’s ‘Axeman’ is Number One! - May 27, 2015
- Bolt Aiming For Fast Time in Ostrava - May 26, 2015
- Jamaican Int’l Footballer Scores Beautiful Hat-Trick Ensuring Promotion for Preston North End (Video) - May 25, 2015
- 28-Year-Old Kingston Man Steals Over A Dozen Phones Used By Obama’s Security Personnel - May 24, 2015
- Jamaica Rejects Calls to Repeal Buggery Law, Legalise Same-Sex Marriages - May 23, 2015
- Man Strips Naked At Airport After Learning Flight to Jamaica Was Overbooked - May 21, 2015
- Rolling Stone’s Mick Jagger Says Kartel and Jay-Z Are His Favourite Rappers - May 21, 2015