Homophobic Lyrics continue to hurt Jamaican Entertainers
Jamaican entertainers have failed to capitalize on numerous opportunities in the past due to their continued use of homophobic lyrics in their songs and performances.
Though the practice has decreased in recent times, some are still feeling the consequences for the use of anti gay lyrics. The most recent victim is none other than Sizzla Kalonji.
The popular entertainer was recently removed from a show in the Netherlands after the promoters of the event discovered he had used homophobic lyrics during his performance at the recently concluded Sting concert.
As a result he will not be a part of the heavily publicized Melkweg festival on March 16 in Amsterdam.
There have been no comments from Sizzla since his removal from the festival.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- 45-Yr-Old Lab Tech Arrested After Allegedly Having Sex With Grade 9 Student - July 1, 2015
- Bolt to Miss Paris Meet on Saturday - June 30, 2015
- US State Department Believes J’can Gov’t Monitored Private Online Conversations - June 30, 2015
- Gay Pride Activities to Be held in Jamaica Between August 1-6 (Updated) - June 30, 2015
- US Teenager Being Labelled the Next Usain Bolt - June 30, 2015
- Another Extremely Fun Thing to Do in Jamaica… IF You’re Brave Enough (Video) - June 29, 2015
- Omi Becomes 1st Jamaican to Enter Top 5 of Billboard Hot 100 Chart in 12 Years - June 27, 2015
- Jamaica’s Financial Well-Being Lower Than Haiti – Report - June 26, 2015
- Asafa Powell Blazes to Victory at Jamaican National Trials - June 26, 2015
- Murders Up By Over 16% So Far This Year - June 24, 2015