Wreckers Reportedly Being Utilized For Motor Vehicle Theft
Car thieves continue to find ingenious ways to carry out their criminal acts. A trend that is becoming more common is the use of wreckers to remove motor vehicles from private homes.
One such theft occurred in Portmore, St Catherine, recently where it is reported that thieves stole a motor vehicle from a residential property with the use of a wrecker that is normally used to tow vehicles.
“I am not sure if di person reported the matter, but from what I am hearing is that di thief dem wait until hours fi do dem ting. Dem nah really rassle wid nobody or hold you up, dem will jus snatch your vehicle out of your yard, and you just wake up and find di spot,” said the source.
Recently the bandits have been conjuring up many creative ways to steal vehicles, such as creating fake documents for rented vehicles. The criminals then post advertisements in the newspaper for the sale of the rented vehicles, and then defraud buyers of their money.
Head of the Flying Squad, Superintendent Cornwall ‘Bigga’ Ford, said he is aware of thieves using wreckers.
“I have heard about it, but I don’t have much information about it at this time. About two years ago or so I know persons were doing something similar to that right outside the Canadian Embassy, where once persons park their vehicles outside the embassy, criminals would steal them,” Ford said.
The top cop said that the police are working assiduously to apprehend individuals who are in the car stealing business.
Source: The Star
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 3: Anthony B - March 22, 2019
- Jamaican Players In the MLS - March 18, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019