Last Shot at World Cup 2014 for Jamaica
The United States has already qualified for next summer’s World Cup while Jamaica currently sits at bottom of the point standings and require a lot of assistance and LUCK to stand any chance of qualifying.
Jürgen Klinsmann and the United States enter today’s encounter against Jamaica free of pressure and concern thanks to securing their place in Brazil with a fairly comfortable win over Mexico during the last round of qualifiers.
It’s highly likely the US will be missing several regular starters due to injury. Captain Clint Dempsey was allowed to remain with the Seattle Sounders as he works back from a hamstring injury — he played in the second half of their loss on Wednesday night — while defender Omar Gonzalez pulled out of the team with a hip problem. Michael Bradley, Clarence Goodson, Herculez Gomez and John Brooks are all unavailable as well.
Forward Eddie Johnson’s status is in doubt after leaving training on Wednesday with an undisclosed groin or leg injury.
The Reggae Boyz are all but eliminated at this point, sitting four points behind Panama in the fourth place playoff spot. With Panama set to face fifth place Mexico, a win by the Reggae Boys combined with a draw in that match could give Jamaica a window of hope on the final day of qualifying.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Captivating Colombia Takes ‘Mad And Mean’ International Night Finals - May 23, 2019
- Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Pull Off Comfortable 3-1 Win Over Panama - May 20, 2019
- James Bond Star Suffers Injury While Filming In Jamaica - May 15, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Gear Up For ‘Mad and Mean’ Finals - May 10, 2019
- Gayle Returns Home To The Jamaica Tallawahs - May 6, 2019
- Less People Getting Married In Jamaica - April 22, 2019
- Minor Quake Rattles Sections Of Jamaica - April 15, 2019
- Who Will Win The Jamaican Premier Football League 2019? - April 3, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 4: Nyanda - March 27, 2019
- Veteran Broadcaster Dorraine Samuels Dies At 59 - March 26, 2019