Slimmest of Chances For the Reggae Boyz
Jermaine “Tuffy” Anderson came off the bench to salvage a crucial point for the Reggae Boyz scoring in injury time as Jamaica finished 1-1 against Costa Rica in the CONCACAF Hexagonal Round World Cup qualifiers at the National Stadium in Kingston. The Reggae Boyz appeared to lack energy for the majority of the encounter as they came under sustained pressure from the visitors in the first half. Several fantastic saves from goalkeeper Malcolm McCallum kept Jamaica in the contest.
The second half saw the substitution of captain Luton Shelton as Jermaine Beckford spearheaded the attack, but the home side still lacked creativity and any cutting edge. In the 74th minute McCallum turned from saviour to villain when he gave away
possession and Randall Brenes pounced to score. Marlon King was then substituted as Jermaine Anderson was given his debut, and with Jamaica looking to clash out of another World Cup qualifier he scored in injury time to send the supporters who stayed back into celebrations. Costa Rica attempted to reply straight away, but the referee signaled the end of the contest as Jamaica has been given a glimmer of hope.
In other games, the United States Men’s National Team earned their spot in the 2014 FIFA World Cup with a 2-0 win over Mexico in Colombus yesterday. Eddie Johnson and Landon Donovan gave the US the goals to sink Mexico to the brink of missing out on qualification. Panama earned a point with a last-gasp goal from Robert Chen as they drew 2-2 with Honduras. With two more games left, the USA now leads the CONCACAF Hexagonal World Cup qualifiers with 16 points, Costa Rica second on 15, Honduras 11, Panama and Mexico tied on 8 and Jamaica 4.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- Footage of Vybz Kartel Being Escorted From Hospital Surfaces Online (Video) - August 3, 2015
- Two Women Disarm Man Who Robbed and Attempted to Rape Them - August 3, 2015
- Usain Bolt Not Named on List of Over 800 Suspicious Athletes - August 3, 2015
- Ladies Never Force Your Man to be ‘Tough’ – This Video Shows Why - August 2, 2015
- Online Petition Launched For Rodolph Austin After He is Denied UK Work Permit - August 2, 2015
- “All Who Nuh Bathe From Morning, Run Go Hol a FRESH” Singer – Red Dragon Dies - August 1, 2015
- Historic! – Jamaican Author Among Nominees on Prestigious Man Booker Long List - August 1, 2015
- Man Suspected of Killing Female Constable Dies - August 1, 2015
- ‘Powerful’ Video Featuring Tarrus Riley and Ellie Goulding Racks Up Crazy Youtube Views - August 1, 2015
- 10 Awesome Facts About Jamaica’s Reggae Boyz at the Gold Cup - July 31, 2015