Slimmest of Chances For the Reggae Boyz
Jermaine “Tuffy” Anderson came off the bench to salvage a crucial point for the Reggae Boyz scoring in injury time as Jamaica finished 1-1 against Costa Rica in the CONCACAF Hexagonal Round World Cup qualifiers at the National Stadium in Kingston. The Reggae Boyz appeared to lack energy for the majority of the encounter as they came under sustained pressure from the visitors in the first half. Several fantastic saves from goalkeeper Malcolm McCallum kept Jamaica in the contest.
The second half saw the substitution of captain Luton Shelton as Jermaine Beckford spearheaded the attack, but the home side still lacked creativity and any cutting edge. In the 74th minute McCallum turned from saviour to villain when he gave away
possession and Randall Brenes pounced to score. Marlon King was then substituted as Jermaine Anderson was given his debut, and with Jamaica looking to clash out of another World Cup qualifier he scored in injury time to send the supporters who stayed back into celebrations. Costa Rica attempted to reply straight away, but the referee signaled the end of the contest as Jamaica has been given a glimmer of hope.
In other games, the United States Men’s National Team earned their spot in the 2014 FIFA World Cup with a 2-0 win over Mexico in Colombus yesterday. Eddie Johnson and Landon Donovan gave the US the goals to sink Mexico to the brink of missing out on qualification. Panama earned a point with a last-gasp goal from Robert Chen as they drew 2-2 with Honduras. With two more games left, the USA now leads the CONCACAF Hexagonal World Cup qualifiers with 16 points, Costa Rica second on 15, Honduras 11, Panama and Mexico tied on 8 and Jamaica 4.
If you like this article please consider joining our Forum HERE to help us grow.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically. Share buttons are below:
- Battery Theft Solution Finally Found For Solar Lighting on Highway 2000 - November 28, 2015
- Protests By Gay Activists Force Beenie Man Off New Zealand Concert - November 27, 2015
- Former Jamaican Boxing Champion Killed in Atlanta (Video) - November 26, 2015
- Study: Chik-V May Cause Serious Brain Infection in Some People - November 26, 2015
- One Person Killed Every 7 Hours in Jamaica: JCF Stats - November 26, 2015
- Vice Principal, Daughter Attacked And Stabbed 26 Times in Portland - November 25, 2015
- 3 Jamaicans Included in All-Star U19 team For 2015 Copa Rayados - November 24, 2015
- Entertainer J Capri in Dire Need of Blood Following Car Accident - November 24, 2015
- Bolt and South African Telecom Provider Unite to Create “BOLTSPEED” (Video) - November 23, 2015
- Under 17 Reggae Girlz Earn Caribbean Football Union Title - November 23, 2015