Stock Markets Soar Downward after ‘White House Bombing’ tweet
Stock Markets in the United States soared sharply in a downward direction after a malicious tweet was sent via the Associated Press Twitter account. The erroneous tweet was posted by skillful hackers which managed to take control of the multinational non-profit news agency’s Twitter account.
The tweet “AP: Breaking: Two Explosions in the White House and Barack Obama is injured.” caused the markets to go into a tailspin with the Dow Jones industries, Standards and Poors 500 Index and the Nasdaq falling in gains.
Stocks quickly went rose again after the tweet was discovered to be false.
The Twitter has since been suspended the Associated Press have issued a press release stating that the tweet was false.
A spokesman at the White House has assured that President Barack Obama is not injured.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 3: Anthony B - March 22, 2019
- Jamaican Players In the MLS - March 18, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019