Stock Markets Soar Downward after ‘White House Bombing’ tweet
Stock Markets in the United States soared sharply in a downward direction after a malicious tweet was sent via the Associated Press Twitter account. The erroneous tweet was posted by skillful hackers which managed to take control of the multinational non-profit news agency’s Twitter account.
The tweet “AP: Breaking: Two Explosions in the White House and Barack Obama is injured.” caused the markets to go into a tailspin with the Dow Jones industries, Standards and Poors 500 Index and the Nasdaq falling in gains.
Stocks quickly went rose again after the tweet was discovered to be false.
The Twitter has since been suspended the Associated Press have issued a press release stating that the tweet was false.
A spokesman at the White House has assured that President Barack Obama is not injured.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. Subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Captivating Colombia Takes ‘Mad And Mean’ International Night Finals - May 23, 2019
- Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Pull Off Comfortable 3-1 Win Over Panama - May 20, 2019
- James Bond Star Suffers Injury While Filming In Jamaica - May 15, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Gear Up For ‘Mad and Mean’ Finals - May 10, 2019
- Gayle Returns Home To The Jamaica Tallawahs - May 6, 2019
- Less People Getting Married In Jamaica - April 22, 2019
- Minor Quake Rattles Sections Of Jamaica - April 15, 2019
- Who Will Win The Jamaican Premier Football League 2019? - April 3, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 4: Nyanda - March 27, 2019
- Veteran Broadcaster Dorraine Samuels Dies At 59 - March 26, 2019