New technical director and goalkeeper coach for Jamaica?
JABLOGZ understands that Jamaica’s football programme will start 2013 looking for a new technical director.
Reports reaching us are that national technical director professor Walter Gama and goalkeeper coach Armando Bracali have quit their respective posts.
The two are among four Brazilians in the national set up who went home for the Christmas holidays following the disappointing early exit of the Reggae Boys from the Caribbean Championships in Antigua.
JABLOGZ has however learnt that Gama and Bracali will not be returning but it is unclear why.
Amid allegations of inconsistency in salary payment, reports are that both for personal reasons have taken the decision not to return but we have also learnt that it could be the Jamaica Football Federation which is pressing to part company with both men.
The entire coaching staff was under fire following the debacle in Antigua where the highly fancied Reggae Boys, who entered as the two-times defending champions, failed to win a single game finishing the 8 team tournament at the bottom of the standings with just a single point.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Rivals Bolt and Gatlin May Face Off in the Bahamas - April 9, 2015
- Usain Bolt Ranked 16th Greatest Athlete Over the Last 20 Years - April 2, 2015
- American Tourist Allegedly Raped by Cuban Football Players in Jamaica - April 1, 2015
- Young Reggae Boyz Miss World Cup Spot After Heartbreaking Penalty Shootout Defeat - March 16, 2015
- Jamaica Beats the USA 1-0! (Highlights) - March 11, 2015
- Jamaica U-17 Players Injured in Elevator Crash in Honduras - March 1, 2015
- Jamaican Netballer Granted Australian Citizen, Could Represent Diamonds at 2015 Netball World Cup - February 16, 2015
- Legends Unite! – Bolt meets Jordan at Super Bowl 49 - February 2, 2015
- From the Track to the Runway – Asafa Powell Joins Modelling Agency! - January 8, 2015
- Liverpool’s Jamaican-born ace Raheem Sterling earns European Golden Boy award - December 20, 2014