Portia Simpson Miller Arrives in New York for UN Address
The Most Honorable Portia Simpson Miller arrived in New York for her United Nations address and the Prime Minster will also deliver Jamaica’s policy statement to the 67th Session of the UN General Assembly.
During her official visit to New York, the Prime Minister will attend the opening of the UN General Debate, hold bilateral talks, meet and hold discussions with officials of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), and participate in a meeting between UN Secretary General, Bank Ki-moon and Heads of Government of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM).
She will also slated to attend the launch and plenary session of the Hillary Clinton Equal Futures Partnership, a global initiative by United States President, Barack Obama, to increase political participation and economic empowerment of women.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- How To Use The Internet For Additional Earnings - April 26, 2018
- Shaggy Performs At Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Party - April 24, 2018
- Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete - April 22, 2018
- Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica - April 21, 2018
- Canadian Politician Sparks Outrage With Remarks About Jamaicans, Later Apologises - April 20, 2018
- Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds - April 19, 2018
- Counterfeit Goods Valuing Over $100 Million Seized, Two Chinese Nationals Arrested - April 18, 2018
- Jamaicans Among Thousands From Caribbean To See Their Status Legalised In The UK - April 17, 2018
- Murders Down By Nearly 80 Percent In St James Under State Of Emergency - April 16, 2018
- 27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games - April 15, 2018