Portia Simpson Miller Arrives in New York for UN Address
The Most Honorable Portia Simpson Miller arrived in New York for her United Nations address and the Prime Minster will also deliver Jamaica’s policy statement to the 67th Session of the UN General Assembly.
During her official visit to New York, the Prime Minister will attend the opening of the UN General Debate, hold bilateral talks, meet and hold discussions with officials of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), and participate in a meeting between UN Secretary General, Bank Ki-moon and Heads of Government of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM).
She will also slated to attend the launch and plenary session of the Hillary Clinton Equal Futures Partnership, a global initiative by United States President, Barack Obama, to increase political participation and economic empowerment of women.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Bolt To Train With Australian A-League Side Central Coast Mariners - July 17, 2018
- Accident Claims Life Of UWI Student In St Mary - July 16, 2018
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Secures Rare Sprint Double At World U20 Championships - July 14, 2018
- Petrol Prices Surge Locally - July 12, 2018
- Protoje Tops Billboard Reggae Chart - July 11, 2018
- Kartel Possibly One Step Closer To Freedom - July 9, 2018
- Elderly Man Suspected Of Committing Suicide In Kingston - July 8, 2018
- Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week - July 6, 2018
- Jamaican-American Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph Inducted Into ICS Wall Of Fame - July 4, 2018
- Zero Murders In St Ann Last Month - July 3, 2018