Portia Simpson Miller Arrives in New York for UN Address
The Most Honorable Portia Simpson Miller arrived in New York for her United Nations address and the Prime Minster will also deliver Jamaica’s policy statement to the 67th Session of the UN General Assembly.
During her official visit to New York, the Prime Minister will attend the opening of the UN General Debate, hold bilateral talks, meet and hold discussions with officials of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), and participate in a meeting between UN Secretary General, Bank Ki-moon and Heads of Government of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM).
She will also slated to attend the launch and plenary session of the Hillary Clinton Equal Futures Partnership, a global initiative by United States President, Barack Obama, to increase political participation and economic empowerment of women.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and subscribe to our mailing list to get new articles sent to you automatically.
- Three Members Of Family Killed In St Thomas - January 21, 2018
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Cheeky Back-Heel Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - January 20, 2018
- Canadian, British Tourists In St James Urged To Stay Within Resorts - January 20, 2018
- Former West Indies Youth Cricketer Of The Year Xavier Marshall To Represent The USA - January 19, 2018
- Major Military Operation In St James - January 18, 2018
- Bolt To Donate $1 Million To Children’s Home Following Deadly Fire - January 17, 2018
- Mobay Man Charged For Quadruple Murder - January 17, 2018
- Jamaica To Send First Women’s Bobsleigh Team To Olympics - January 16, 2018
- Jamaican Singer Diana King Weds Her Partner Mijanne Webster - January 16, 2018
- More Than 20 People Hospitalised Following Collision In St Thomas - January 15, 2018