Jamaica Defeats USA To Qualify For Rugby League World Cup
We are going to the World Cup!
Jamaica’s Reggae Warriors have earned automatic qualification for the 2021 Rugby League World Cup in England after recording their first ever win over the United Sates.
On Saturday Jamaica defeated the United States 16-10 to win the Americas Cup.
The Reggae Warriors kicked off the encounter with frenetic pace earning themselves two penalty goals and two tries to put them well ahead of the USA Hawks by 16 points inside the first half.
However the USA Hawks fought valiantly to avoid leaving the game empty handed and forced the Jamaicans to take on a defensive stance in the latter parts of the game.
Jamaica held on to maintain their six point lead throughout a scoreless second half.
Jamaica is the first Caribbean nation to qualify for the Rugby League World Cup.
The Jamaicans become the 11th team to qualify for the Men's tournament
— International RL (@IntlRL) November 17, 2018
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 3: Anthony B - March 22, 2019
- Jamaican Players In the MLS - March 18, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019