Jamaica Defeats USA To Qualify For Rugby League World Cup
We are going to the World Cup!
Jamaica’s Reggae Warriors have earned automatic qualification for the 2021 Rugby League World Cup in England after recording their first ever win over the United Sates.
On Saturday Jamaica defeated the United States 16-10 to win the Americas Cup.
The Reggae Warriors kicked off the encounter with frenetic pace earning themselves two penalty goals and two tries to put them well ahead of the USA Hawks by 16 points inside the first half.
However the USA Hawks fought valiantly to avoid leaving the game empty handed and forced the Jamaicans to take on a defensive stance in the latter parts of the game.
Jamaica held on to maintain their six point lead throughout a scoreless second half.
Jamaica is the first Caribbean nation to qualify for the Rugby League World Cup.
The Jamaicans become the 11th team to qualify for the Men's tournament
— International RL (@IntlRL) November 17, 2018
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019
- Reggae Boy Peter-Lee Vassell Drafted by Los Angeles FC - January 13, 2019
- Caribbean Food And Drink Festival “Taste The Islands Experience” Returns To Fort Lauderdale—Bigger And Better - January 10, 2019
- Buju Concert Scheduled For March 16th In Jamaica - January 6, 2019
- Ruffi Delivers Again With New Single ‘Pressure’ - January 2, 2019
- PM And Security Experts Meet To Plan Further Anti-Crime Strategies - January 1, 2019
- New Short Film Shines Light On Bob Marley’s Love For Football - December 30, 2018
- Leon Bailey To Be Instructed By New Coach At Bayer Leverkusen - December 26, 2018