Jamaica Defeats USA To Qualify For Rugby League World Cup
We are going to the World Cup!
Jamaica’s Reggae Warriors have earned automatic qualification for the 2021 Rugby League World Cup in England after recording their first ever win over the United Sates.
On Saturday Jamaica defeated the United States 16-10 to win the Americas Cup.
The Reggae Warriors kicked off the encounter with frenetic pace earning themselves two penalty goals and two tries to put them well ahead of the USA Hawks by 16 points inside the first half.
However the USA Hawks fought valiantly to avoid leaving the game empty handed and forced the Jamaicans to take on a defensive stance in the latter parts of the game.
Jamaica held on to maintain their six point lead throughout a scoreless second half.
Jamaica is the first Caribbean nation to qualify for the Rugby League World Cup.
The Jamaicans become the 11th team to qualify for the Men's tournament
— International RL (@IntlRL) November 17, 2018
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Kai, 10 Launches Her Kits To Keep Kids Clean And Healthy - August 13, 2019
- Leon Bailey Scores In 26 Seconds For Bayer Leverkusen! - August 11, 2019
- Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Breaks Pan-Am 200m Record! - August 10, 2019
- Phoenix All Stars Football Academy Creates History In Belgium! - August 8, 2019
- U23 Reggae Boyz Defeat Peru - August 7, 2019
- Bailey On Target For Bayer In Pre-Season Friendly - July 31, 2019
- Artwork By Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung Chosen For Honour And Publication In Japan - July 19, 2019
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Becomes NACAC 100m Champion - July 9, 2019
- Ruffi Scores Big With Hot New Single Holiday (VIDEO) - June 29, 2019
- Reggae Girlz Take On Scotland Today! - May 28, 2019