Jamaica Defeats USA To Qualify For Rugby League World Cup
We are going to the World Cup!
Jamaica’s Reggae Warriors have earned automatic qualification for the 2021 Rugby League World Cup in England after recording their first ever win over the United Sates.
On Saturday Jamaica defeated the United States 16-10 to win the Americas Cup.
The Reggae Warriors kicked off the encounter with frenetic pace earning themselves two penalty goals and two tries to put them well ahead of the USA Hawks by 16 points inside the first half.
However the USA Hawks fought valiantly to avoid leaving the game empty handed and forced the Jamaicans to take on a defensive stance in the latter parts of the game.
Jamaica held on to maintain their six point lead throughout a scoreless second half.
Jamaica is the first Caribbean nation to qualify for the Rugby League World Cup.
The Jamaicans become the 11th team to qualify for the Men's tournament
— International RL (@IntlRL) November 17, 2018
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- US-Born Citizen Nearly Deported To Jamaica - December 7, 2018
- First Solo Art Exhibition For Maia Chung At Reggae Mill - December 4, 2018
- Dalton Harris Wins The X Factor - December 2, 2018
- Reggae Music Added To Global Cultural Heritage List - December 1, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Advances To X Factor Finals - November 26, 2018
- NRSC Commends Government On Passing Of Road Traffic Act 2018 - November 23, 2018
- Jamaica Defeats USA To Qualify For Rugby League World Cup - November 21, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Delivers Incredible Rendition Of Beyonce’s ‘Listen’ On X Factor UK - November 18, 2018
- Stunning Furnished Home For RENT In Stonebrook Estate - November 12, 2018
- Jamaican Author Dwight Thompson Delivers Hard-Hitting Coming-Of-Age Tale With Debut Novel - November 11, 2018