CSEC Results Show Significant Improvement Over Last Year
Students who sat the Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) examination earlier this year have scored better grades compared to last year.
Figures from the Caribbean Examination Council (CXC) reveal that over 60,000 candidates did five or more CSEC subjects.
According to CXC Registrar Glenroy Cumberbatch, 59 per cent of them gained acceptable grades.
The statistics indicate an overall improved performance of 90% in the majority of subjects. Mathematics however, continues to be problematic for most students with a regional pass rate of slightly more than 60 percent.
Spanish and other foreign languages had an overall pass rate of less than 60 per cent.
Mr. Cumberbatch also mentioned a growth in the new-generation subjects which are geared towards helping equip young people to create employment for themselves or enter the world of work.
The new-generation subjects are tailored for college students who are sitting the Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE) – another exam administered by the Barbados-based CXC.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018
- How Technology Has Made The World Smaller By Creating Remote Working Environments - September 4, 2018
- “Oh What A Finish!” Leon Bailey Scores Cracker For Leverkusen - September 3, 2018
- Elderly Jamaican Man Arrested In Florida After Setting Fire To Raccoon Which Ate His Mangoes - August 30, 2018
- Chas. E. Ramson Limited. Cushions Infant Care Costs With ‘Kiss Baby’ Diaper Donations - August 26, 2018
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018