CSEC Results Show Significant Improvement Over Last Year
Students who sat the Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) examination earlier this year have scored better grades compared to last year.
Figures from the Caribbean Examination Council (CXC) reveal that over 60,000 candidates did five or more CSEC subjects.
According to CXC Registrar Glenroy Cumberbatch, 59 per cent of them gained acceptable grades.
The statistics indicate an overall improved performance of 90% in the majority of subjects. Mathematics however, continues to be problematic for most students with a regional pass rate of slightly more than 60 percent.
Spanish and other foreign languages had an overall pass rate of less than 60 per cent.
Mr. Cumberbatch also mentioned a growth in the new-generation subjects which are geared towards helping equip young people to create employment for themselves or enter the world of work.
The new-generation subjects are tailored for college students who are sitting the Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE) – another exam administered by the Barbados-based CXC.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019
- Reggae Boy Peter-Lee Vassell Drafted by Los Angeles FC - January 13, 2019
- Caribbean Food And Drink Festival “Taste The Islands Experience” Returns To Fort Lauderdale—Bigger And Better - January 10, 2019
- Buju Concert Scheduled For March 16th In Jamaica - January 6, 2019
- Ruffi Delivers Again With New Single ‘Pressure’ - January 2, 2019
- PM And Security Experts Meet To Plan Further Anti-Crime Strategies - January 1, 2019
- New Short Film Shines Light On Bob Marley’s Love For Football - December 30, 2018
- Leon Bailey To Be Instructed By New Coach At Bayer Leverkusen - December 26, 2018