Fewer Jamaicans Desirous Of Emigrating
Less Jamaicans are desirous of emigrating according to a global survey published by the Boston Consulting Group.
The poll – titled ‘Decoding Global Talent’, shows that between 80 and 90 per cent of Jamaicans would emigrate to another country if given the opportunity.
However, that high percentage represents a decline when compared to 2014 when between 90 to 100 per cent of respondents expressed a desire to work overseas.
Unsurprisingly, the results of the poll place Jamaica among those who have the greatest yearning to work abroad, ranking the island with other countries such as South Korea, Nigeria, Luxembourg, Iran, Ghana, Colombia, Cameroon, Benin, Algeria.
Just a few countries featured respondents who had a greater desire than Jamaicans to work abroad – Algeria, Benin, Cameroon, Colombia, Ghana, Iran, Kenya, Luxembourg, Nigeria, Norway and South Korea
The country most Jamaicans would like to move to according to the report is Canada.
Jamaica tops the Caribbean for the percentage of people who are desirous of living and working overseas. The Dominican Republic and Barbados fall within the 70-80 percent bracket while Trinidad and Panama fall within the 60-70 percent bracket.
The 2018 Survey, which was published on June 25 featured 336,139 workforce respondents in 197 countries.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Players Struck By Lightning At Manning Cup Match - September 17, 2019
- Investment Property For Sale In St Ann - September 16, 2019
- Nicholson On Fire In Belgium! - September 14, 2019
- Boyz Hammer Guyana 4-0 - September 10, 2019
- Dr. Peter Phillips Retains PNP Presidency - September 8, 2019
- Striker Khadija Shaw Slams JFF Over Unpaid Wages - September 4, 2019
- Clarendon Farmers Diversifying Crop Production To Be More Climate Resilient - August 21, 2019
- Bailey On Target In Season Opener - August 19, 2019
- Kai, 10 Launches Her Kits To Keep Kids Clean And Healthy - August 13, 2019
- Leon Bailey Scores In 26 Seconds For Bayer Leverkusen! - August 11, 2019