Four Of The Best Gambling Movies Ever Made
Lots of Jamaicans enjoy the occasional roll of the dice, so it’s fair to say that many of us have indulged in a bit of betting here and there. Loving nothing more than a high stakes game of dominos in the shade, we’ve all sat with a pile of coins beside our elbow, chancing our luck and hoping for the best.
When it comes to onscreen gambling, we like to up the ante even more. Big fans of fast-paced, do-or-die acts of derring-do, betting films tend to be right up our street. That’s how we know you’re going to be glued to the screen should you ever find yourself sat in front of one of these four cinematic masterpieces…
High Roller: The Stu Ungar Story
One of the greatest names in gambling history, Stu Ungar was a real-life high roller famed for being the only poker player ever to win three WSOP Main Event tournaments. Showing his whole life, from bright beginnings to his emotionally wrenching end, the film stars the talented Michael Imperioli, who does a fantastic job of bringing this most enigmatic of men to life. Giving a real guts and gore insight into the life of a man who at one point had everything, it’s sure to leave a lasting impression on any who watch it.
Starring a young and fresh-faced Matt Damon, Rounders is another gambling movie great. Charting the tale of an enterprising student who covers his university fees with a place at the poker table, it is filled with famous faces, from Edward Norton to John Malkovich.
Boasting some truly spectacular performances as well as a script and story that are sure to captivate, it’s brilliant, dazzling, and certain to keep an audience entertained. Should you want to emulate the characters yourself, almost all casinos offer a bonus online, so you can always try your luck before any of your own money makes its way onto the table.
A firm favourite amongst lovers of fast-paced thrills, 21 is also well worth a watch. Based on a fascinating true story, it’s undoubtedly a modern-day classic, one set amongst the glitz and glamour of Vegas. Telling the tale of a maths professor turned card counting genius extraordinaire, it combines hedonism, trickery, intrigue, and one truly unbelievable coup to create an undeniably fantastic film. Stick it on your television the next time you’re at a loose end and we promise you won’t be disappointed.
Arguably the most famous gambling movie of all time, Casino is a classic tale of mobs, money, and madness, combining the acting weight of Robert De Niro, Joe Pesci, and the absolutely amazing Sharon Stone. A tour de force of betting and baddies, it’s not just a gambling great, but a cinematic masterpiece, one that makes the top ten all-time favourites lists of film buffs everywhere. We don’t want to give anything away, because Casino really has to be seen to be appreciated, but if exceptional performances and harrowing scenes are your poison, you’re guaranteed to be impressed.
Which of these films will you watch first?
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018
- Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce Is Back On Track At The JN Racers Grand Prix Live On 1spotmedia Pay- Per- View - June 8, 2018