Leon Bailey Reportedly Set For Talks Regarding England World Cup Call-Up
Reports from media outlets in the United Kingdom indicate that Jamaican football star Leon Bailey is reportedly set for talks regarding a possible call up to the England national team ahead of the World Cup.
The 20-year-old attack minded winger who plays for Bayer Leverkusen in the German Bundesliga has been in fantastic form this season and continues to garner the attention of top clubs around the world.
He potentially qualifies to represent England via his grandparents.
Reports surrounding Bailey’s eligibility to represent England began to surface a few weeks ago and it has been reported that his father Craig Butler is to have discussions with the technical director for England’s senior men’s team – Dan Ashworth in a few days.
Butler is quoted by The Sun as saying:
“I will be speaking to Dan Ashworth at the FA next week, but now it is a definite no as far as playing for Jamaica is concerned.
“That will come (going to World Cup) we will speak to them (FA), look at all the options and see what they have planned for my son.
“England has always been a great option, it has a lot of Jamaican players that were there before that have played for England.”
Bailey has never represented Jamaica at the senior level but he did play in a friendly match for Jamaica under-23’s on 8 March 2015 versus the Cayman Islands under-23 side, where he scored directly from a freekick.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica Represented In IDB Development Work - May 26, 2018
- Reggae Boyz Fall Out Of Top 50 In Latest FIFA Rankings - May 26, 2018
- Sean Paul Announces Death Of His Father - May 25, 2018
- Ananda Alert Issued For Missing St Ann Teen - May 24, 2018
- Street Team Win ‘Clash 13’ Of Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Competition - May 23, 2018
- Ignite IGL Foundation Brings Cheer To Riverton Meadows Early Childhood Centre - May 22, 2018
- Gasoline Retailers Express Concern As Fuel Prices Rise - May 22, 2018
- Security Forces Seize Masks, Firearms In Westmoreland - May 21, 2018
- Gov’t Considers Increasing Ethanol Percentage In Petrol - May 20, 2018
- Bayern Munich Reportedly Make €60 Million Offer For Jamaican Winger Leon Bailey - May 19, 2018