Leon Bailey – The Best Winger In The Bundesliga?
Jamaican Leon Bailey has been creating huge waves in the world of football in recent times.
The incredibly talented attack-minded winger has become one of the most wanted young footballers globally since joining the German outfit Bayer Leverkusen.
Bailey joined Bayer in January, 2017 and has already cemented himself as a force to be reckoned with in the Bundesliga.
He has already scored seven goals this season (9 in all competitions) for the club and is credited with helping Bayer climb up the Bundesliga table.
The youngster has garnered such a level of respect that he has already been likened to the likes of Arjen Robben – the legendary Dutch footballer who plays for Bayern Munich.
His exploits on the field have seen him draw the attention of top tier clubs such as FC Barcelona, Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea among others.
Where he will end up is anyone’s guess, but one thing is for certain, people are already heading over to soccer betting sites to make their wagers.
As things stand, it is not at all unreasonable to argue that the young Jamaican is currently making the greatest contribution to his team of all wingers in the Bundesliga.
Bundesliga.com recently published an article in which it asks: Who is the Bundesliga’s best winger?
And based on the stats for the players mentioned, unbiased fans of the sport will be hard pressed not to choose Leon Bailey.
Check out the stats for the four wingers highlighted in the article at the time of publishing this article:
Christian Pulisic – Borussia Dortmund | Games played: 17 | Goals: 3 | Assists: 1 | Successful dribbles/Attempted: 60/139
Leon Bailey – Bayer Leverkusen | Games played: 16 | Goals: 7 | Assists: 5 | Successful dribbles/Attempted: 45/89
Arjen Robben – Bayern Munich | Games played: 13 | Goals: 3 | Assists: 1 | Successful dribbles/Attempted: 31/61
Thorgan Hazard – Borussia Mönchengladbach | Games played: 19 | Goals: 7 | Assists: 6
Successful dribbles/Attempted: 31/89
And at only 20 years of age, it is quite likely that a top tier club will fork over some big bucks to snatch him away from Leverkusen on a long term contract, perhaps in the not too distant future.
Last month, the club’s sporting director Rudi Voller conceded that they would consider offers from clubs that presented a ‘crazy sum’ for the Jamaican.
And more recently, fans of the English Premier League club Chelsea flocked to various social media platforms to share their excitement over the possibility of Bailey joining their club after an old tweet by the 20-year-old resurfaced.
— Leon Bailey ⚽️9️⃣ (@leonbailey) July 6, 2015
What do you think the future holds for Leon Bailey?
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- US-Born Citizen Nearly Deported To Jamaica - December 7, 2018
- First Solo Art Exhibition For Maia Chung At Reggae Mill - December 4, 2018
- Dalton Harris Wins The X Factor - December 2, 2018
- Reggae Music Added To Global Cultural Heritage List - December 1, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Advances To X Factor Finals - November 26, 2018
- NRSC Commends Government On Passing Of Road Traffic Act 2018 - November 23, 2018
- Jamaica Defeats USA To Qualify For Rugby League World Cup - November 21, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Delivers Incredible Rendition Of Beyonce’s ‘Listen’ On X Factor UK - November 18, 2018
- Stunning Furnished Home For RENT In Stonebrook Estate - November 12, 2018
- Jamaican Author Dwight Thompson Delivers Hard-Hitting Coming-Of-Age Tale With Debut Novel - November 11, 2018