Jamaica Resting Perilously On Sinking Sandz
How did the SANDZ debacle morph into an assessment of the relationship between the Minister of National security and the commissioner of police?
It seems classic omnipresent Jamaican ‘anancyism’ seasoned with ever present expert genuflecting, and in this case epic corruption at its most sordid, but yet, very best. After all the smoke and mirrors the public is still unenlightened regarding:
1. Who was the architect behind the staging of the event?
2. Which police officer sought and obtained approval for the economically uplifting local area, but nation embarrassing debacle?
3. Of what rank is the active duty police who applied for the permit, and from whom did the approval emanate?
4. Was the senior police leadership aware of the assignment of active duty officers to provide event security and were the official JCF coffers paid for this service?
5. Is the JCF run by lower rung officers, the quintessential tail wagging the dog?
6. Was anyone in the political hierarchy engaged pre-event or made aware of the planned function?
7. Why, after input from the opposition political representative of the area; the minister of culture, gender, entertainment and sports; the minister of transport and mining; the minister of national security; and the police commissioner, has no one been held accountable for this event gone awry and which appears to have significantly affected the national economy and sullied the national image?
8. Why was the police officer corps so quick to defend the commissioner despite the rising sea of exponentially exploding murders in which Jamaica drowns, and the inept, almost juvenile display of policing and execution at the Sandz event?
9. Did the event sponsors mandate the government take a hands off, obtuse approach to determining accountability and recouping the revenue government expended to remediate the situation?
Because in today’s Jamaica, no one is held accountable! It seems Jamaica continues to welcome 4.4 million tourists to the most delectable modern ‘Animal Farm’. And assumes it’s citizens are wallowing in ignorance. If any can ignore the law, why can’t all, and take justice in their own hand? Jungle here we come. Recall Outameni, the police cars procurement fiasco, and so many more disturbing failures of leadership.
The mad rush for answers, the cynical claim, was deliberate, and intended to ensure there are no answers. And the involvement of every possible political and other bee in offering an explanation are all skillfully orchestrated to accomplish the resulting confusion and obfuscation.
So while the country decays and the putrid, rotten stench envelops all, corroding irreversibly the entire fabric of decency on which modern societies are built, no one smells or tastes, or appears concerned about the slow, painful death of a once fragrant, rich, amazingly beautiful and vibrant country. Rest in peace Jamaica, land we love!
By Guest author: Leon Wright
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Food Security A Top Priority For Jamaica - February 22, 2018
- Critical Discourse On Education – A Principal’s Perspective - February 17, 2018
- Jamaica – Amazing Pregnant Paradise Waiting To Deliver - February 4, 2018
- Soldiers Roaming the Streets - January 27, 2018
- Andrew Holness Security and Political Coup – A Stroke of Genius - January 25, 2018
- Jamaica Resting Perilously On Sinking Sandz - January 15, 2018
- ON YAH BIKE! - December 29, 2017
- Opinion: Jamaica Betrayed Israel With Abstention From Jerusalem Vote - December 28, 2017
- Jamaican Reggae & Dancehall Artistes Pricing Themselves Out Of Work - November 19, 2017
- National Identification System– A Sellout By the JLP Government - November 17, 2017