Flash Flood Watch In Effect For All Parishes
The Meteorological Service has extended a Flash Flood Watch for low lying and flood prone areas of Hanover, St. James, Trelawny, St. Ann, St. Mary, Portland, St. Thomas, Westmoreland, St. Elizabeth, Manchester, Clarendon, St. Catherine, Kingston and St. Andrew – effective until 5:00 p.m. today (January 6).
A Stationary Front across the central Caribbean continues to produce unstable weather conditions across the island. Satellite imagery and Radar reports indicate that light to moderate showers affected sections of northern parishes throughout the night.
Mostly cloudy conditions with periods of showers and possible thunderstorms are expected to continue to affect sections of most parishes, especially northern and southeastern parishes today into tonight. Flash flooding is therefore possible over low-lying and flood prone areas.
A FLASH FLOOD WATCH means that flash flooding is possible and residents are advised to take precautionary measures, keep informed by listening to further releases from the Meteorological Service and be ready for quick action if flooding is observed or if a Warning is issued.
The Meteorological Service will continue to monitor the situation.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica Represented In IDB Development Work - May 26, 2018
- Reggae Boyz Fall Out Of Top 50 In Latest FIFA Rankings - May 26, 2018
- Sean Paul Announces Death Of His Father - May 25, 2018
- Ananda Alert Issued For Missing St Ann Teen - May 24, 2018
- Street Team Win ‘Clash 13’ Of Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Competition - May 23, 2018
- Ignite IGL Foundation Brings Cheer To Riverton Meadows Early Childhood Centre - May 22, 2018
- Gasoline Retailers Express Concern As Fuel Prices Rise - May 22, 2018
- Security Forces Seize Masks, Firearms In Westmoreland - May 21, 2018
- Gov’t Considers Increasing Ethanol Percentage In Petrol - May 20, 2018
- Bayern Munich Reportedly Make €60 Million Offer For Jamaican Winger Leon Bailey - May 19, 2018