Flash Flood Watch In Effect For All Parishes
The Meteorological Service has extended a Flash Flood Watch for low lying and flood prone areas of Hanover, St. James, Trelawny, St. Ann, St. Mary, Portland, St. Thomas, Westmoreland, St. Elizabeth, Manchester, Clarendon, St. Catherine, Kingston and St. Andrew – effective until 5:00 p.m. today (January 6).
A Stationary Front across the central Caribbean continues to produce unstable weather conditions across the island. Satellite imagery and Radar reports indicate that light to moderate showers affected sections of northern parishes throughout the night.
Mostly cloudy conditions with periods of showers and possible thunderstorms are expected to continue to affect sections of most parishes, especially northern and southeastern parishes today into tonight. Flash flooding is therefore possible over low-lying and flood prone areas.
A FLASH FLOOD WATCH means that flash flooding is possible and residents are advised to take precautionary measures, keep informed by listening to further releases from the Meteorological Service and be ready for quick action if flooding is observed or if a Warning is issued.
The Meteorological Service will continue to monitor the situation.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Stunning Home For Sale In Stonebrook Estate - November 12, 2018
- Jamaican Author Dwight Thompson Delivers Hard-Hitting Coming-Of-Age Tale With Debut Novel - November 11, 2018
- Fly Jamaica Plane Crash Lands In Guyana - November 9, 2018
- Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung Has First Solo Exhibition - November 9, 2018
- Two Reggae Girlz Named In CONCACAF Best Eleven - November 6, 2018
- The Ball Is In Bolt’s Court - October 30, 2018
- Ruffi Delivers At South Florida Event - October 27, 2018
- Historic! Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Qualify For The 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup - October 18, 2018
- Reggae Boy Luton Shelton Afflicted With ALS Disease - October 13, 2018
- Alia Atkinson Scares World Record - October 6, 2018