Flash Flood Watch In Effect For All Parishes
The Meteorological Service has extended a Flash Flood Watch for low lying and flood prone areas of Hanover, St. James, Trelawny, St. Ann, St. Mary, Portland, St. Thomas, Westmoreland, St. Elizabeth, Manchester, Clarendon, St. Catherine, Kingston and St. Andrew – effective until 5:00 p.m. today (January 6).
A Stationary Front across the central Caribbean continues to produce unstable weather conditions across the island. Satellite imagery and Radar reports indicate that light to moderate showers affected sections of northern parishes throughout the night.
Mostly cloudy conditions with periods of showers and possible thunderstorms are expected to continue to affect sections of most parishes, especially northern and southeastern parishes today into tonight. Flash flooding is therefore possible over low-lying and flood prone areas.
A FLASH FLOOD WATCH means that flash flooding is possible and residents are advised to take precautionary measures, keep informed by listening to further releases from the Meteorological Service and be ready for quick action if flooding is observed or if a Warning is issued.
The Meteorological Service will continue to monitor the situation.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Getting De-Inked: Why Jamaicans Are Rethinking Their Tattoos - March 20, 2018
- Jay Z, Beyonce Visit Jamaica - March 20, 2018
- State Of Public Emergency Declared In St. Catherine North Police Division - March 19, 2018
- Plans In Place To Make Port Royal Jamaica’s Next Big Cruise Destination - March 18, 2018
- Jamaican Among Six Killed In Bridge Collapse At Florida University - March 17, 2018
- Police Seize Over 1000 Rounds Of Assorted Ammunition In Cemetery – JCF - March 16, 2018
- Lisa Hanna – “Trump’s Tariffs Could Hurt Jamaica Badly!” - March 15, 2018
- 20 Million Streams On Spotify For Devin Di Dakta - March 15, 2018
- Jamaican Artiste Sues Miley Cyrus For US$300 Million Over ‘We Can’t Stop’ - March 14, 2018
- US$500 Round Trip Flights From Jamaica To Germany Now Being Offered - March 14, 2018