Opinion: Jamaica Betrayed Israel With Abstention From Jerusalem Vote
The Prime Minister Andrew Holiness led government has betrayed the Jewish cause.
By instructing our government to abstain from the Trump resolution acknowledging Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, it shows a certain level of betrayal.
How on earth can the JLP led government want to court the Jewish nation and then stab it in the back?
Historically, it is better to be tied or develop relationship with a Jewish nation than with Arabs. Yes, I may have a beef to pick but Arab countries are never civil towards black nations. From their involvement in conquering the Ghanaian empire to the being players in the Atlantic Slave Trade and currently the Libyan slave trade, Arab countries have, in the eyes of many demonstrated racist and anti black practices and culture.
Certainly, no nation is perfect including modern day Israel but in its quest to have its capital recognised as this was the case from biblical days, the Jamaican government, not its people have failed us miserably in their abstention at the United Nations General Assembly.
I do hope the Prime Minister and his government are not succumbing to the Jamaican Arab lobby and sell out our Jewish partners. I do hope he has recognised the gravity of this vote. Too many times politicians take steps that are an anathema to our national interest. I believed the government has significantly erred this time.
By Maurice Christie
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reasons Why Casinos Are Great For Tourism In Jamaica - April 9, 2019
- Make A Statement: Ideas For Socially Responsible Clothing Accessories - January 30, 2019
- Has Irreversible Dementia Consumed The PNP? - December 16, 2018
- Jamaica Casinos - December 15, 2018
- Top 5 Celebrity Poker Players - November 15, 2018
- Prime Land For Sale In Plantation Village St Ann - November 7, 2018
- A-League Is Ready For The Bolt - October 8, 2018
- A Discussion On Jamaican Football - September 23, 2018
- Microsoft MCSA Dynamics 365 – Passing The MB2-716 Exam - August 28, 2018
- Do Something For Our Currency Mr Prime Minister - August 15, 2018