Opinion: Jamaica Betrayed Israel With Abstention From Jerusalem Vote
The Prime Minister Andrew Holiness led government has betrayed the Jewish cause.
By instructing our government to abstain from the Trump resolution acknowledging Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, it shows a certain level of betrayal.
How on earth can the JLP led government want to court the Jewish nation and then stab it in the back?
Historically, it is better to be tied or develop relationship with a Jewish nation than with Arabs. Yes, I may have a beef to pick but Arab countries are never civil towards black nations. From their involvement in conquering the Ghanaian empire to the being players in the Atlantic Slave Trade and currently the Libyan slave trade, Arab countries have, in the eyes of many demonstrated racist and anti black practices and culture.
Certainly, no nation is perfect including modern day Israel but in its quest to have its capital recognised as this was the case from biblical days, the Jamaican government, not its people have failed us miserably in their abstention at the United Nations General Assembly.
I do hope the Prime Minister and his government are not succumbing to the Jamaican Arab lobby and sell out our Jewish partners. I do hope he has recognised the gravity of this vote. Too many times politicians take steps that are an anathema to our national interest. I believed the government has significantly erred this time.
By Maurice Christie
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica Resting Perilously On Sinking Sandz - January 15, 2018
- ON YAH BIKE! - December 29, 2017
- Opinion: Jamaica Betrayed Israel With Abstention From Jerusalem Vote - December 28, 2017
- Jamaican Reggae & Dancehall Artistes Pricing Themselves Out Of Work - November 19, 2017
- National Identification System– A Sellout By the JLP Government - November 17, 2017
- Are Jamaican Women Reckless With Sex Or In Bondage As Sex Slaves? - November 12, 2017
- ZOSO Opportunity – A New Anthem - November 4, 2017
- Can Locals Reap The Benefits Of Tourism In Jamaica? - October 24, 2017
- Out Of Many One People? The Imbalance Of Race In Jamaica - August 1, 2017
- Should Prisoners Be Allowed Conjugal Visits? - July 30, 2017