Opinion: Jamaica Betrayed Israel With Abstention From Jerusalem Vote
The Prime Minister Andrew Holiness led government has betrayed the Jewish cause.
By instructing our government to abstain from the Trump resolution acknowledging Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, it shows a certain level of betrayal.
How on earth can the JLP led government want to court the Jewish nation and then stab it in the back?
Historically, it is better to be tied or develop relationship with a Jewish nation than with Arabs. Yes, I may have a beef to pick but Arab countries are never civil towards black nations. From their involvement in conquering the Ghanaian empire to the being players in the Atlantic Slave Trade and currently the Libyan slave trade, Arab countries have, in the eyes of many demonstrated racist and anti black practices and culture.
Certainly, no nation is perfect including modern day Israel but in its quest to have its capital recognised as this was the case from biblical days, the Jamaican government, not its people have failed us miserably in their abstention at the United Nations General Assembly.
I do hope the Prime Minister and his government are not succumbing to the Jamaican Arab lobby and sell out our Jewish partners. I do hope he has recognised the gravity of this vote. Too many times politicians take steps that are an anathema to our national interest. I believed the government has significantly erred this time.
By Maurice Christie
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Microsoft MCSA Dynamics 365 – Passing The MB2-716 Exam - August 28, 2018
- Do Something For Our Currency Mr Prime Minister - August 15, 2018
- An Awakening: JLP And PNP Taking Small But Necessary Actions To Defeat The Jamaican Crime Monster - July 27, 2018
- Will Andrew Holness End The Demeaning, Entrenched Garrisons In Modern Day, Independent Jamaica? - July 23, 2018
- ILL ADVISED POLITICAL CONSULTANTS: Saboteurs of Jamaica’s Development? - July 10, 2018
- Lives Ruined By Empty Promises From Rich, Callous, Greedy Politicians - July 5, 2018
- Free National Healthcare In Jamaica – Promise Or Peril? - June 18, 2018
- Black Blood: Trace The Family Tree - June 16, 2018
- A Flicker Of Hope: Peter Phillips And The PNP Envision A New Jamaica! - June 15, 2018
- Impressive Quality Leadership: Andrew Holness’s Outstanding Mid Term Scorecard - June 11, 2018