Chelsea Reportedly Eager To Sign Jamaican Football Star Leon Bailey
Premier League champions Chelsea are reportedly pulling out major stops to attain the services of the Jamaican winger Leon Bailey.
The London based club is said to have made a sizeable bid to Bailey’s current club Bayern Leverkusen.
The 20-year-old has been garnering the attention of prominent clubs from across the globe for his exploits on the field. He has scored 5 goals in all competitions for Bayer Leverkusen and is already being regarded as one of the brightest young sparks in world football.
A few weeks ago it was revealed that Bailey was one of three players who were monitored by representatives from FC Barcelona.
Media outlets revealed that Barcelona’s sporting director Robert Fernandez and Urbano Ortega, the club’s chief of scouting keenly watched Bailey, fellow winger Julian Brandt and defender Jonathan Tah during Bayer Leverkusen’s 2-2 draw against Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga.
A report by the Daily Mail says Chelsea sent scouts to witness Bailey impress against Stuttgart in a game last Friday. Bailey set up both goals in that encounter to help Bayer earn a 2-0 win.
The report says Chelsea made an offer of £22 million to acquire Bailey but had the offer rebuffed by Bayer Leverkusen.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Boy Luton Shelton Afflicted With ALS Disease - October 13, 2018
- Alia Atkinson Scares World Record - October 6, 2018
- Jamaica, Russia Sign Reciprocal Visa Waiver Agreement - October 2, 2018
- Buju’s Post Prison Tour In The Works - September 26, 2018
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018
- How Technology Has Made The World Smaller By Creating Remote Working Environments - September 4, 2018