Chelsea Reportedly Eager To Sign Jamaican Football Star Leon Bailey
Premier League champions Chelsea are reportedly pulling out major stops to attain the services of the Jamaican winger Leon Bailey.
The London based club is said to have made a sizeable bid to Bailey’s current club Bayern Leverkusen.
The 20-year-old has been garnering the attention of prominent clubs from across the globe for his exploits on the field. He has scored 5 goals in all competitions for Bayer Leverkusen and is already being regarded as one of the brightest young sparks in world football.
A few weeks ago it was revealed that Bailey was one of three players who were monitored by representatives from FC Barcelona.
Media outlets revealed that Barcelona’s sporting director Robert Fernandez and Urbano Ortega, the club’s chief of scouting keenly watched Bailey, fellow winger Julian Brandt and defender Jonathan Tah during Bayer Leverkusen’s 2-2 draw against Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga.
A report by the Daily Mail says Chelsea sent scouts to witness Bailey impress against Stuttgart in a game last Friday. Bailey set up both goals in that encounter to help Bayer earn a 2-0 win.
The report says Chelsea made an offer of £22 million to acquire Bailey but had the offer rebuffed by Bayer Leverkusen.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019
- Reggae Boy Peter-Lee Vassell Drafted by Los Angeles FC - January 13, 2019
- Caribbean Food And Drink Festival “Taste The Islands Experience” Returns To Fort Lauderdale—Bigger And Better - January 10, 2019
- Buju Concert Scheduled For March 16th In Jamaica - January 6, 2019
- Ruffi Delivers Again With New Single ‘Pressure’ - January 2, 2019
- PM And Security Experts Meet To Plan Further Anti-Crime Strategies - January 1, 2019
- New Short Film Shines Light On Bob Marley’s Love For Football - December 30, 2018
- Leon Bailey To Be Instructed By New Coach At Bayer Leverkusen - December 26, 2018