Chelsea Reportedly Eager To Sign Jamaican Football Star Leon Bailey
Premier League champions Chelsea are reportedly pulling out major stops to attain the services of the Jamaican winger Leon Bailey.
The London based club is said to have made a sizeable bid to Bailey’s current club Bayern Leverkusen.
The 20-year-old has been garnering the attention of prominent clubs from across the globe for his exploits on the field. He has scored 5 goals in all competitions for Bayer Leverkusen and is already being regarded as one of the brightest young sparks in world football.
A few weeks ago it was revealed that Bailey was one of three players who were monitored by representatives from FC Barcelona.
Media outlets revealed that Barcelona’s sporting director Robert Fernandez and Urbano Ortega, the club’s chief of scouting keenly watched Bailey, fellow winger Julian Brandt and defender Jonathan Tah during Bayer Leverkusen’s 2-2 draw against Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga.
A report by the Daily Mail says Chelsea sent scouts to witness Bailey impress against Stuttgart in a game last Friday. Bailey set up both goals in that encounter to help Bayer earn a 2-0 win.
The report says Chelsea made an offer of £22 million to acquire Bailey but had the offer rebuffed by Bayer Leverkusen.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- How To Use The Internet For Additional Earnings - April 26, 2018
- Shaggy Performs At Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Party - April 24, 2018
- Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete - April 22, 2018
- Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica - April 21, 2018
- Canadian Politician Sparks Outrage With Remarks About Jamaicans, Later Apologises - April 20, 2018
- Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds - April 19, 2018
- Counterfeit Goods Valuing Over $100 Million Seized, Two Chinese Nationals Arrested - April 18, 2018
- Jamaicans Among Thousands From Caribbean To See Their Status Legalised In The UK - April 17, 2018
- Murders Down By Nearly 80 Percent In St James Under State Of Emergency - April 16, 2018
- 27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games - April 15, 2018