Jamaica’s Tourism Growth Continues – JTB
Visitor arrivals to the island remain at a record high since the start of 2017 according to the Jamaica Tourist Board.
Figures indicate that Jamaica has welcomed more visitors during the summer from almost every major market in the Americas.
Between June and August, Jamaica welcomed 465,517 visitors from the United States, 77,952 from Canada and 8,423 from Latin America.
Minister of Tourism – Edmund Bartlett is quoted by The Observer as saying “We have set the goal of 5 per cent increase for 2017, and the Jamaica Tourist Board has not only delivered but exceeded expectations.”
“We will remain vigilant in ensuring that the tourism sector drives growth and provide a boost to the Jamaican economy. Due to these remarkable results, we head into the winter season with great optimism.”
According to the JTB, stopover arrival visits to the island have increased by close to 10 percent for the summer months compared to the previous year.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019
- Reggae Boy Peter-Lee Vassell Drafted by Los Angeles FC - January 13, 2019
- Caribbean Food And Drink Festival “Taste The Islands Experience” Returns To Fort Lauderdale—Bigger And Better - January 10, 2019
- Buju Concert Scheduled For March 16th In Jamaica - January 6, 2019
- Ruffi Delivers Again With New Single ‘Pressure’ - January 2, 2019
- PM And Security Experts Meet To Plan Further Anti-Crime Strategies - January 1, 2019
- New Short Film Shines Light On Bob Marley’s Love For Football - December 30, 2018
- Leon Bailey To Be Instructed By New Coach At Bayer Leverkusen - December 26, 2018