Jamaica’s Tourism Growth Continues – JTB
Visitor arrivals to the island remain at a record high since the start of 2017 according to the Jamaica Tourist Board.
Figures indicate that Jamaica has welcomed more visitors during the summer from almost every major market in the Americas.
Between June and August, Jamaica welcomed 465,517 visitors from the United States, 77,952 from Canada and 8,423 from Latin America.
Minister of Tourism – Edmund Bartlett is quoted by The Observer as saying “We have set the goal of 5 per cent increase for 2017, and the Jamaica Tourist Board has not only delivered but exceeded expectations.”
“We will remain vigilant in ensuring that the tourism sector drives growth and provide a boost to the Jamaican economy. Due to these remarkable results, we head into the winter season with great optimism.”
According to the JTB, stopover arrival visits to the island have increased by close to 10 percent for the summer months compared to the previous year.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018
- CSEC Results Show Significant Improvement Over Last Year - August 13, 2018
- Jamaican Dollar Flies Past $136 Against US - August 10, 2018
- Asphalt Supplies Now Available – Petrojam - August 9, 2018
- Alia Atkinson To Receive Order Of Distinction - August 7, 2018
- Police Recover Stolen Goats in Clarendon - August 6, 2018
- Foreign Exchange: J$135.46 To One US Dollar - August 4, 2018
- Ruffi Drops Music Video For His Hit Single ‘Survive’ - August 1, 2018
- Power Star Applies For Jamaican Citizenship - July 31, 2018
- Yendi Phillipps Gets Baptised - July 30, 2018