Jamaica’s Tourism Growth Continues – JTB
Visitor arrivals to the island remain at a record high since the start of 2017 according to the Jamaica Tourist Board.
Figures indicate that Jamaica has welcomed more visitors during the summer from almost every major market in the Americas.
Between June and August, Jamaica welcomed 465,517 visitors from the United States, 77,952 from Canada and 8,423 from Latin America.
Minister of Tourism – Edmund Bartlett is quoted by The Observer as saying “We have set the goal of 5 per cent increase for 2017, and the Jamaica Tourist Board has not only delivered but exceeded expectations.”
“We will remain vigilant in ensuring that the tourism sector drives growth and provide a boost to the Jamaican economy. Due to these remarkable results, we head into the winter season with great optimism.”
According to the JTB, stopover arrival visits to the island have increased by close to 10 percent for the summer months compared to the previous year.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018
- Victim In Florida Mass Shooting Reportedly Has Jamaican Roots (Updated) - February 16, 2018