Jamaica’s Tourism Growth Continues – JTB
Visitor arrivals to the island remain at a record high since the start of 2017 according to the Jamaica Tourist Board.
Figures indicate that Jamaica has welcomed more visitors during the summer from almost every major market in the Americas.
Between June and August, Jamaica welcomed 465,517 visitors from the United States, 77,952 from Canada and 8,423 from Latin America.
Minister of Tourism – Edmund Bartlett is quoted by The Observer as saying “We have set the goal of 5 per cent increase for 2017, and the Jamaica Tourist Board has not only delivered but exceeded expectations.”
“We will remain vigilant in ensuring that the tourism sector drives growth and provide a boost to the Jamaican economy. Due to these remarkable results, we head into the winter season with great optimism.”
According to the JTB, stopover arrival visits to the island have increased by close to 10 percent for the summer months compared to the previous year.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Weather – More Rain On The Horizon For Jamaica - November 24, 2017
- Andre Blake, Kemar Lawrence, Theodore Whitmore Shortlisted For CONCACAF Awards - November 23, 2017
- Starbucks Opens First Store In Jamaica - November 21, 2017
- BREAKING: Ninja Man, Co-accused Found Guilty Of Murder - November 20, 2017
- Woman, Daughter Killed In St James - November 20, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Fifth Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - November 20, 2017
- Atkinson Maintains Unbeaten Streak In 50m Breaststroke As FINA Swimming Short Course World Cup Concludes - November 19, 2017
- Jamaica’s Solange Sinclair Makes Miss World Top 10 - November 18, 2017
- The Impact of Reggae on Worldwide Culture - November 17, 2017
- American Man Detained After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Minor At Resort In Jamaica - November 16, 2017