Jamaica’s Tourism Growth Continues – JTB
Visitor arrivals to the island remain at a record high since the start of 2017 according to the Jamaica Tourist Board.
Figures indicate that Jamaica has welcomed more visitors during the summer from almost every major market in the Americas.
Between June and August, Jamaica welcomed 465,517 visitors from the United States, 77,952 from Canada and 8,423 from Latin America.
Minister of Tourism – Edmund Bartlett is quoted by The Observer as saying “We have set the goal of 5 per cent increase for 2017, and the Jamaica Tourist Board has not only delivered but exceeded expectations.”
“We will remain vigilant in ensuring that the tourism sector drives growth and provide a boost to the Jamaican economy. Due to these remarkable results, we head into the winter season with great optimism.”
According to the JTB, stopover arrival visits to the island have increased by close to 10 percent for the summer months compared to the previous year.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Elderly Couple Killed In Gruesome Fashion In Portland - June 23, 2018
- Bolt Gets Shooting Advice From Arsenal Legend Robert Pirès - June 22, 2018
- Jamaican Film”Sprinter” Wins Big At American Black Film Festival - June 21, 2018
- Curfew For Sections of Annotto Bay, St Mary – JCF - June 20, 2018
- Rising US Rapper With Jamaican Roots Killed In Florida - June 19, 2018
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018