Drone Adventures Takes Off in Montego Bay
“I’ve never seen so many different drones before!” That’s the general reaction by most people when they first see the Drone Adventures showroom on Bottom Road in Montego Bay.
“Interest level, curiosity and enthusiasm has been very positive,” says Director Richie Bauld. “We’re
excited to bring this new technology to Jamaica”
Communication Manager, Reta Johnson said “We have aerial drones for the entry level consumer as well
as professional aerial platforms used by film makers and movie studios. Our industrial drones are geared towards agriculture, farming, fishing, construction, security and national defense.”
Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) also referred to as ‘Drones’ is the latest technology that brings enormous benefits to Jamaicans as well as private/corporate enterprises and government entities.
Drones combine the pleasure and enjoyment of model aviation with aerial photography for the individual as well as performing multiple roles for the private sector including surveying, crop management & spraying, security to just name a few.
Drone Adventures not only sells drones they also provide flight training, service & repairs, rentals and contract services within many sectors.
“DJI is the recognized world leader in drone technology and we are Jamaica’s authorized dealer for DJI products as well as several other manufacturers,” Johnson continues. “We have also partnered with the leading consumer warranty provider in the United States to offer Extended arranties and Service on drone purchases. This provides the owner with piece of mind in the event of a crash, malfunction or unforeseen accident with no questions asked. Best of all it will be repaired or replaced here without it being sent back to the manufacture or somewhere off the island.”
“All of our prosumer and commercial/professional drones come with 1 hour Free Training to insure the owner has an understanding of the JCAA regulations, flight safety and technology. Our staff has more than 55 years’ experience in model aviation, including fixed wing, helicopter and drones,” Johnson states, “our training is geared to the first-time owner/pilot as well as the more experienced model aviator.”
“We’ll soon be adding the latest in new drone technology as well, with Unmanned Underwater Vehicles or UUVs. This exciting new drone is capable of going to depths of up to 100 meters while taking photographs and video 4K video quality.” Johnson adds.
Located on the ‘Hip-Strip’ in Montego Bay at 31 Gloucester Avenue, also known as Bottom Rd, Drone Adventures is open Tuesday through Saturday 10am – 5pm and Sunday & Monday by appointment only.
Clients may also schedule an appointment for before or after hours.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- D&G Foundation Pumps 4.2 Million Into HEART Trust NTA Youth Development Programme - December 13, 2017
- Dancehall Artiste Mineral Boss Shot Dead In Caymanas Bay - December 13, 2017
- A New T20 Record! The ‘Universe Boss’ Smashes 146 Off 69 Balls (18 Sixes) - December 12, 2017
- Jamaica’s Edmund Bartlett Named Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year - December 12, 2017
- Three Die After Gunmen Callously Attack Mourners At Funeral In Kingston - December 11, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes - December 11, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Delivers Two Assists In Leverkusen Win - December 10, 2017
- Jamaicans Driving Support Against Paediatric Cancer - December 9, 2017
- Missing US National Found - December 8, 2017
- Police Seek Public’s Help To Find Missing US National - December 7, 2017